I can't say it...

The 2x05 scene that should've happened

"Betty would never do that!" Jughead refused, shaking his head. Archie scoffed and crossed his arms, looking between the group of serpents and his former best friend "If you don't believe me then call her! Ask her Jughead, she'll tell you the exact same thing" he snapped, watching as the colour drained from the raven haired boy's face. 

"You know what? I will" Jughead nodded, pushing past him and walking past the group of serpents. "Jones! You've got your initiation, don't ruin this for yourself" Sweetpea warned, pulling him back. "I don't care right now Sweetpea, I've got something more important to do" Jughead spoke bluntly, shrugging him off and walking away. He wouldn't let this go, this wasn't the Betty he knew. She'd told him she wished to run away together, to leave Riverdale behind and deep down he knew she wouldn't just drop him like that. Betty was sweet, she was caring and the purest person of this evil town. She'd never use Archie to end things unless there was something going on. 

The boy took a deep breath before he knocked lightly on the door of the Cooper household, adjusting his beanie as he tapped his combat boots against the ground nervously. "Coming!" he heard her angelic voice shout, the door soon opening to reveal Betty with her hair in a bun with strands falling out to her shoulders. Her eyes were rimmed red and widened when she saw him "Oh...Juggie" she breathed out, not knowing if Archie had spoken to him yet. 

"Betts I..I came to talk to you. Archie came to see me" he mumbled. She gulped, worried he was about to get mad at her for what she did. "Please, I just need an explanation. Y-you wouldn't do this" he shook his head, refusing to accept it. 

"Jughead its over okay? I can't do this anymore, I don't want to do this anymore" she spoke with as much sincerity as she could give. "Bullshit" he replied simply. "What? Jughead I'm not debating this with you" 

"I said bullshit, complete bullshit. Just the other day you wanted to drive off into the sunset with me and leave this town behind. You wanted a future with me, you said it yourself Betty. Then you use Archie of all people, to cut things off? How does that make any sense!" he argued, his tone desperate and filled with pain. "Juggie please don't make this harder than it is" she sniffled, looking at the floor. 

"Tell me you don't love me, look me in the eye and say it. I'll leave, I won't come back and I'll accept that you don't want this. The Betty I know still loves me, still calls me every night just to make sure I'm okay. Still steals my t-shirts and my food, so tell me you don't love me" he spoke, taking her hands in his. She looked up at him with tears in her eyes, her body shaking. She couldn't do it, she couldn't watch him fall apart when she said those words. No matter how much danger she was putting him in, she was being selfish and she couldn't help herself. "I can't say it" she choked out, collapsing against his chest. As if on instinct, his arms wrapped around her tightly and kissed her head before resting his chin on it. "Then don't say it" he whispered, picking her up by her thighs and carrying her inside as her legs wrapped around his waist.

After a long time of the two just cuddling on the sofa as they both cried silently, Jughead spoke up. "Baby, talk to me" he whispered, taking her hairband out and running his fingers through her blonde waves. She relaxed at the feeling, leaning her head back against his chest. "I didn't want to break up with you, so I sent Archie. I..I couldn't say it" she mumbled. 

"Why did you do it then?" he asked in confusion, frowning at her. "The..the black hood is after me Jug. He's making me cut people off, getting rid of them one by one. If I didn't break things off he would've found you and hurt you, he still will if he finds out I failed" she panicked, starting to hyperventilate as she knew the consequences of what she was doing.  

"Hey, hey slow down. It's okay Betts" he soothed though his heart was racing over the revelation. His own beautiful girlfriend was being threatened, haunted by this mystery man. "N-no it's not okay, he's going to hurt you. Archie, Veronica, Kevin, my mum, he'll hurt them all Juggie" she sobbed. He shushed her softly, placing her in his lap as he whispered things to her to calm her down."We'll speak to sheriff Keller okay? We can get some proper security in your house and I'll make sure to come check on you as much as I can" he assured, kissing her temple. "I love you Betts, I'm not about to let some creep break us apart. We're stronger than that, you're stronger than that" 

"I love you too, I don't know how you would want to talk to me after what I did" she murmured, closing her eyes "Because it didn't make sense, I know my Betty and I know she wouldn't do that" he explained making her smile and kiss his chest. "Now how about we go cuddle in bed and watch one of your cheesy films? And of course grab a bunch of food" he suggested with the goofy grin she loved. "I'd love nothing more" she whispered as their lips met in a sweet kiss. Thing would be okay, they would make it through this and come out better on the other side. Simply because they had each other, that's all they needed.