3 months

Requested by Leni1115

Betty had become very good at lying over the past three months. It wasn't too difficult, just wearing bigger sweaters and hiding her symptoms as much as she could. She didn't know how long it would be before the bump became too obvious, not to mention that she felt the overpowering guilt of lying to her boyfriend. She knew he was worried about her, she had become more distant over the weeks which wasn't like her at all. 

He didn't want children now. That's what she'd remembered him saying, he wanted to focus on their careers now and maybe have kids later on in life. Betty winced at the memory, where she had pretended she wanted that too just to avoid an argument. She just couldn't bare the thought of him leaving her, especially having to go through this pregnancy without her anchor.

The blonde stood in front of her full length mirror, clad in a blue baggy sweater and some black leggings. She turned so she had a side view, lifting up the sweater to check her bump. There was a slight roundness to it but it wasn't blatantly obvious thankfully. 

"I'm so sorry little one, I wish I could tell your daddy" she whispered, rubbing her stomach gently. "I'm just scared, we want him here with us" 

She bit down on her lip as tears fell from her green orbs, pressing her lips together to prevent a sob escaping. Her breaths became shaky and rapid as she pressed both hands against the rounded bump "I love you" she whispered with a quiet sniffle. 

Jughead sat in his home office, running a hand through his hair as he deleted every word from the sentence he had just typed. He was having a serious case of writers block, groaning in annoyance as he stared at the laptop. The one person that helped clear his mind was his beautiful girl so he got up from his chair and walked out of the room, making his way towards their bedroom. 

Jughead reached the doorway about to go in when he saw her stood staring at the mirror. He frowned looking closer to see tears in her eyes. He leant against the wall trying to hear what she was saying, knowing it wasn't right to listen in but he needed to know what was wrong. Betty was very good at hiding things; he knew if he asked all she would give is a blunt excuse. 

"Your daddy would love you too, if he just opened his mind to the idea" she whispered, wiping her tears. "I know he will, I just need the courage to tell him"

Jugheads breath hitched in his already dry throat, looking again to see her rubbing her stomach that was more prominently rounded now that he focused in on it. Infinite questions ran through the man's head, gripping onto the door frame. The worst part was the guilt, that his own love couldn't bring herself to tell him.

"Betts?" he spoke softly, coming into view as Betty turned her head quickly. "Oh..J-jug hey" she spoke awkwardly, not knowing how much he had heard. An uncomfortable silence played out between the two, both staring at each other as they figured out what to say or do next. Jughead was the first to interrupt the grim silence but no words left his mouth, just speeding towards her and in a flash she was wrapped up in his tight embrace. 

No words needed to be said as they clutched onto each other, her face buried into his chest causing his t-shirt to dampen. She preferred this so much to him freaking out or getting angry with her, this was the Jughead she knew. The only part she still feared was the conversation that neither of them could back away from.

"Please don't leave" she begged, her voice cracking as she held onto any chance of hope. "I'd never leave you like that Betts" he whispered, kissing her head repeatedly as he wrapped a strand of her blonde hair around his finger. 

"But things are different now, you don't want the same things that I want" she sniffled, pulling back from him. Her first instinct was to defend her baby, whether it meant challenging him or not.

"Betts this changes things, I know what I said but..." he trailed off, sitting down on the bed. She wiped her tears as she placed herself down next to him. 

"But what Jughead?" she questioned, rubbing her stomach gently. "But I know we can do this, I just didn't think we were ready at this point in our lives. So prove me wrong" he replied, cupping her cheek. She laughed softly, shaking her head at him "I definitely will"

"Always so competitive" he teased causing a soft giggle to leave her lips. "Mind if I?" he asked, looking down to her stomach. She took his hand in hers and placed it underneath her sweater onto her firm bump. That's where his hand naturally rested over the next few months, through the doctors visits, the family meetups, the celebrations and when they were curled up in bed together. They damn well proved Jughead's previous thoughts wrong, the two were prepared and so in love with their child. On the 12th of august Maya Jones was born, the beautiful baby girl that completed the family of three.