Invitation only

This is so Gatsby and I LOVE it. Get ready for a rollercoaster ride😬

Of course Betty isn't like Daisy in this, she's a much better person(:

"She must not know it was me that invited her" 

"Of course sir, the invitations will go by 'Mr. Pendleton' for everyone

"Mr. Pendleton......I like it" 

---

"Wow, how grand" the blonde gasped as the double doors burst open. Sparkling lights, melodic music and sweet symphonies seemed to swarm the halls of the mansion as she entered. 

"Over the top if you ask me" Reggie muttered, his arm linked with hers. The couple had put on their best attire after receiving a beautifully penned invitation, inviting them to a marvellous party for everyone in the city. 

"Oh nonsense Reginald, it's lovely" she smiled as a man dressed in tails took their coats for them, Betty keeping her fur shoal around her shoulders. Veronica had helped her pick out a beautiful rose blush dress, lined with the finest silks and sparkles. Reggie had complained about the cost but let her have it even so, knowing it would make them look better as a pair. 

They weaved through the crowds of people, waving to the friends they knew but Reggie didn't give her too long- only here to make business connections. So much so that Betty was left in the middle of the ballroom, alone, her husband too busy trying to talk up a man in a checkered grey suit. 

"Betty darling!" Veronica gushed as she flounced over to her best friend, kissing either side of her cheeks "You look positively stunning!" 

"Thank you V, you look incredible" she laughed as she hugged her tightly. As soon as she pulled away, Betty noticed the mischievous glint in the woman's eye. 

"I have a little surprise for you" she smirked, holding back all her excitement as to not confuse her friend too much "But you have to come with me" 

"Lead the way" Betty chuckled, checking that Reggie was distracted with his own conversation (which he obviously was). 

The two women made their way through halls, right to the end of a long corridor where a single door stood "This is where I leave you" 

"Pardon? Veronica I don't understand" she asked, fiddling with her silk gloves as her gaze flicked between her friend and the door. 

"You will darling, you will" she smirked, patting her shoulder before she turned on her heel and swept away in an instant. 

"Damn me for trusting a Lodge" the blonde huffed as she slowly walked to the door, her shaky hand twisting the handle. It swung open to reveal a second ballroom, a lot smaller but still as elegant. A grande chandelier brought the whole canvas together, clumsy-cut crystals lining each golden branch. 

"Hello?" she greeted, more unsure than ever as a man stood with his back to her. He seemed to be staring out onto the seafront, leaning against the golden railings of a tiled balcony "Excuse me?" 

"Excuse-" she began to repeat, her breath faltering as she found herself lost for words. 

"Jughead?" she gasped, hands coming to her heart as he turned around. The same devilish grin layed on his lips, the exact one that he wore every time he snuck her out of her parent's house. Only now, instead of scruffy boots and a ripped leather jacket he was clad in the most finest black suit, a bow tie lining his neck.