Loved them so

"We're not leaving without you" 

"Yes you are, you're taking Mia and you're getting out of here. Fangs will take you to the border, then you go to the safe house from there 'kay? Honey will be there to take care of you both" he instructed, hands gripping her shoulders to keep her sole focus on him. 

"What about you?" the scared blonde asked, her shaky hands moving to cup his clean-shaven cheeks. "Tell me where you come into this" 

"I don't" he whispered "They're coming Betts, and they're not gonna stop until every single one of our serpents are gone. Including me"

She shook her head, dropping it to his chest as tears welled in her eyes "No...they're our family. You're my family. You can't leave us, Mia needs her dad and I need my husband" 

"I don't have a choice baby" he whispered, his arms bringing her close up against him. His hand slid over her messy blonde locks, pressing a kiss to her hairline before placing his chin there to rest. He wasn't sure how long they stayed that way, but he didn't care. As long as he had the blonde in his arms, he knew he had still had time to bide. 

She tilted her head up to meet his own distraught eyes, watching them pool with tears. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry" he whispered as her lips met his, their tongues intertwining with every movement. He stumbled towards the edge of the bed until his knees hit the duvet, falling down onto the soft sheets. 

"Give me this" she pleaded as she hovered over him, their lips connecting once again whilst her hands already made work of undressing herself. "Just give me this moment" 

And so he did. The two lovers wiped their minds of what was to come, their tears mixing with sweat as he turned them over, slipping between her legs. They didn't tease or talk or even edge each other. Every soft sound, every tear of sorrow, every single strangled breath brought them to their highs. 

Their little world was broken as soon as he fell down beside her, Betty crumpling in his arms. Sobs echoed through the room as she fisted his chest, only giving in when his arms came around her and held her tighter than ever "I've got you Betts, I'm still here" 

---

"Hey bug" he whispered as he gently lifted the little girl out of her crib, having just woken from her slumber. "Good sleep hm?" 

Of course he got no answer from her, but watched as her pupils dilated and her finger reached up to pat his cheek. Those same dreaded tears came dashing back at him with full force, mixed with the laugh that fell out when she grabbed his nose. 

"Oi that's mine little miss" he chuckled, gently taking her tiny hand away. She wrapped her fingers around his own index finger, staring at it in awe. "We have to be quiet okay? Mummy needs her beauty sleep" 

And so he carried his daughter into the living room where he layed her down onto her play mat. He placed himself next to her, chuckling as she tried to clamber onto his chest. Ever since they'd started 'tummy time' with her, she always wanted to lay on his chest for it and who was he to deny her sweet request? 

That's how Betty ended up finding her husband flat out on the floor, their daughter grabbing his nose whilst led on top of him. She snorted with laughter as she took a photo, along with a video as she walked over and asked "Need some help there?" 

"She's actually trapped me" he laughed at the camera, not realising she was trying to capture as many memories as possible. 

"You act like she has an agenda against you" she laughed, sitting down next to her two favourite people. 

"She does, she threw up on me yesterday" 

"That's because she's a baby" she rolled her eyes playfully, picking up the giggling girl "Daddy is very silly isn't he! Yes he is!" she cooed, nuzzling her nose against Mia's button one. 

Jughead wrapped his arms around Betty, gazing down at their perfect little girl. He knew how much he was going to miss, how much he'd never get to see. Her first words, first steps, her first day at primary school. All the way to her first exam, graduation, relationship and maybe even the day she got married. 

"Tell her about me" he murmured as the pad of his thumb ran over her chubby cheeks. 

"Juggie don't" the blonde whispered, not even wanting to consider his words. 

"I mean it Betts, I want her to know who her dad is. I don't want her to grow up thinking I didn't love her...or that I wasn't a good dad. Please talk about me" 

"You'll be there to tell her yourself" she shook her head, getting up and leaving the room swiftly with Mia. 

---

Doomsday had finally arrived. The serpents and the ghoulies were going to war, the final one that would end in one of two ways for the Jones man. Neither seemed particularly great. 

He spent the last morning with the only people he needed, his wife and daughter. They had breakfast out at Pop's (on the house from the sweet man) before taking a walk down to the river. 

He spent the last hour with his second family, Mia on his lap as he chatted to all of her chosen aunties and uncles. Some part through Veronica had parted from the group with Betty, comforting her in the bathroom stalls. 

"He'll come back B, the serpents are strong" 

"He keeps hinting that he won't V, he's sure of it" she sniffled

"No, he's preparing for the worst" 

He spent the last few minutes holding Betty and Mia in his arms, hushing the blonde with his sweet words and kisses. 

"Come back to me in one piece" she whispered as she stepped back, blinking back tears as he climbed on his bike. 

"Ready Jones?" Sweetpea asked, revving his own engine. 

"As I'll ever be" 

Everyone sped off at his command, though he stayed grounded to the floor. His head turned towards them, mouthing the words 'I love you' before chasing after them quickly. 

That would be the last time he saw his dearest loves. 

---

"Place it down baby" Betty whispered, watching her daughter as she stumbled towards the headstone with a daisy clutched in her hand. 

"For daddy" she smiled, her two front teeth poking out as she placed it down. 

"He'll love it bug, just like he loves us" 

Oh, how he had loved them so. 

I've gotta stop writing these sad ones...

Anyways I hope you all enjoyed it!