Chapter 4

Just something to bless your afternoon/morning with! 🥰

Toni entered the school, going straight to her locker. Cheryl was there, her face in her book as usual.

"Hi." The chipper Topaz smiled as she opened her locker. Cheryl looked up and smiled, "H-Hi." She said shyly

Toni sighed, "You don't have to be nervous around me."

"I-I'm sorry." The redhead stuttered. Toni giggles, "You're just so cute!" She accidentally said out loud making her and Cheryl's faces turn red, "N-No what I mean is-"

"It's o-okay." Cheryl blushed closing her book.

"I-I should get to uhm...class." Cheryl smiled before closing her locker. "Wait!" Toni called after her making Cheryl turn around with her books clutched to her chest.

"Uh, what's-what's your class?" Toni asked, closing her locker. "I have biology," Cheryl said quietly.

"Same, mind if I join you?" The brunette asked, her heart beating out of her chest. Cheryl couldn't trust herself to speak so she just nodded.

Toni smiled, walking beside her, purposely brushing their arms together. Cheryl blushed, licking her dry lips.

The two girls entered the classroom, taking their seats next to each other. "Alrighty. So this week is a partner assignment. So the person next to you will be your partner all week." Mr. Don smiled as he handed out the lab coats.

Toni smiled at Cheryl who ducked her head with a blush, "Get to work." He said once he placed the worksheet in front of them.

Toni went to grab a pencil at the same time as Cheryl causing their hands to brush together, Cheryl's breathing hitched, and Toni's fingers felt tingly as she quickly grabbed the pencil.

After a few moments of silence, Toni spoke up, "Uhm, what did you get for 6?" She asked. She already had the answer, it was just an excuse to talk to her.

"H-Hydrogen..." Cheryl replied, looking up. "Same." Toni nodded, scooting closer so they can work better.

Cheryl was barely breathing as she inhaled Toni's sweet vanilla smell. The two worked together, stealing side glances as they talked quietly.

Once the bell ringed, they gathered their stuff before walking out of class. "So, Uhm. How's the high school experience going so far?" Toni tried making conversation.

"G-Great. I-I love it." The redhead replied as Reggie walked up to them. Cheryl looked down.

"Did you do it?" Reggie asked Cheryl and she nodded, pulling out the Algebra homework.

"Hold up," Toni said, stitching the paper out of Reggie's hand before ripping it into shreds.

"Why did you do that?!" Reggie yelled making Toni raise her eyebrow, "Because you don't bully someone into doing your fucking homework, you dickhead!" Toni yelled back catching everyone's attention in the hallway.

He scoffed, "Wait until my father tells your father."

"And when your father gets fired?" Toni smirked, throwing the remainder of the paper at him before grabbing Cheryl's hand and pulling her away.

"If I ever catch you speaking to her again, I will make sure my father has a nice long talk with yours. Don't test me, Mantle. I'm a Topaz heiress." Toni called as she walked down the hall.

Cheryl let her lead her into the library, pulling her to Cheryl's favorite spot in the corner, "Are you okay?" Toni asked the redhead.

Cheryl looked up with tears in her eyes, "He-He blackmailed me. He-He said if d-didn't do his-his homework he'd-" Cheryl stopped speaking as she covered her mouth and shook her head.