Chapter 16

Continution from the last chapter

The couples decide to end the night after dinner. Toni opened the door for Cheryl, who was quiet the walk back from the restaurant. Toni didn't want to ask in front of her parents so she wanted to give Cheryl some time to think about whatever was on her mind.

They didn't speak as they got ready for bed. Cheryl got in the shower after Toni, her hair damp when she got out. Toni finally spoke, "Want to tell me what's on your beautiful mind?" The brunette asked, pulling the cover over them.

Cheryl shrugged, playing with the string to her pajamas, "I-I-I don't know..." She whispered, pushing damp ginger hair behind her ear. Toni shifted closer, making the redhead nervous.

"You can talk to me, Cher." Toni whispered, "I know there are things you keep in because you don't want to be a burden, but I'm here. And I love you." She mumbled, caressing her shoulder.

"This morning..." Cheryl started and Toni nodded for her to continue; "I was on the phone with Betts, and she was te-telling me that-that...I don't know it's dumb." Cheryl hid her face in her hands as she realized it.

"It's never dumb, Cher. Talk to me." Toni said softly. Cheryl looked up at her with a sigh, "Sh-she was telling me how this tr-trip would be amazing fo-for our first time." Cheryl whispered the last part with flushed cheeks.

Toni's face softened, "That's what you've been so worried about?" She asked and Cheryl nodded.

"It's Ju-just you're my first official relationship since heather, and I-I've never..." Cheryl trailed, hoping Toni would understand what she meant. When she earned a nod from the girl her nerves sorta calmed down.

Toni sighed, "I had a girlfriend back in sophomore year. We were 16, and clearly, I was very dumb. But I was popular and she was cute. She was my first ever girlfriend, I was so excited because I had recently found myself, but I want to try it out with girls. She came up to me, asked me on a date, I agreed. Fast forward to junior year." Toni breathed before speaking again.

"We were each other first, the next day I woke up and...and she was getting dressed. I asked her where she was going and she just laughed in my face, telling me that she got what she wanted. That it was just so she could get in my pants and leave. She told me that her friends dared her to get with me and then sleep with me for creds. I was so heartbroken because I felt like I loved her, but with Emily and Betty by my side, I came to realize that I didn't need anyone like her. We haven't even said the 3 words yet but I felt ready." Toni finished, looking up at Cheryl who looked a mix of upset and angry.

"How could she do that to you?" She asked. Toni shrugged, grabbing her hands as she squeezed them, "I don't know, baby. But it made me stronger and smarter. It taught me to never do anything if you don't love that person." She said and Cheryl nodded.

"I love you," Cheryl said, "And I want to be with you in that way...but I don't want it to be planned or rushed, I want it to be our moment." Cheryl whispered.

"Then so be it. Our moment will be our moment." Toni said, caressing alabaster cheeks, "I love you, Cher." She whispered, leaning her forehead on Cheryl's.

"I love you, TT." The pale girl replied, leaning in to kiss her softly. Cheryl smiled against her girlfriend's lips as Toni tilted her head, deepening the kiss. Cheryl whimpered lowly when Toni pulled away slowly, "Let's get some sleep. Tomorrow's going to be a long day." Toni whispered.

Cheryl nodded, laying down with Toni as the brunette laid her on top of her. "What if I hurt you..." Cheryl said, looking up at her, "You're light as a feather, baby. Come on, let's sleep." Toni whispered, rubbing Cheryl's back.