Chapter 77

A few weeks later

After finding out about Cheryl's pregnancy, the couple kept it to themselves. They got confirmation from Dr. Sanders through blood work. But today, the couple was going to see their baby for the first time and they were super excited.

Hunter and Aliana didn't even know yet. They wanted to tell them when they know it was safe to.

Cheryl placed Aliana's breakfast in front of her before leaning down to kiss her hair. "Mommy, what is this?" she asked.

"Oatmeal," Toni replied, sipping her coffee. Hunter immediately started to eat his food, groaning at how amazing it tasted. "Slow down, Hunty, my love." Cheryl set his orange juice down in front of him.

"Sorry," he says after swallowing his food down. He took his juice and guzzled half of it. His mothers eyed him weirdly. "Hunter...what's going on?" the lawyer asked.

"Mmm? What-what do you mean?" he asked, spooning some more oatmeal. "You're eating like an animal."

"And she is not." Toni pointed to their daughter who didn't look pleased with the food choice of breakfast this morning. "Baby, try it. I promise it's amazing." Cheryl picked up her spoon. Aliana hesitantly opened her mouth to accept the spoon her mother was feeding her. Her eyes widened at the sweet taste and she took the spoon to start feeding herself.

"Told you," Cheryl smirked before turning back to Hunter who was done with his food alright. "Oh my god- I only turned away for 3 seconds." his mother gasped.

"Can I go now?!" he asked frantically. "Go where?" Toni raised her eyebrow at the boy. "Back to my room!?"

Toni looked at Cheryl who shrugged and mouthed 'He gets that weird shit from you' Toni scoffed and rolled her eyes. "Yeah...sure, bub. You can go back up to your room." she permitted.

"Okay, bye!" he rushed out and ran upstairs, soon they heard his door slamming shut. The couple immediately turned to their daughter who looked up at them after noticing that they were watching her.

"Aliana, my gorgeous, intelligent, princess." Cheryl grinned, tucking her auburn hair behind her ear. Aliana gives her a wide innocent smile and Toni cooed softly at her. "You're so smart, you know that?" the redhead continued.

The girl nodded, taking in all the compliments. "And I'm strong!" she grinned.

"Yes, you are, princess." her mother nodded.

"Mommy, what do you want?" the girl tilted her head. Toni's coffee spilled out through her nose as she started laughing hard.

"What is your brother up to?" she questioned, ignoring her laughing wife. "Hunter's bween up all night playing that thingy." the girl says, eating more oatmeal.

"His Nintendo switch?" she asked.

"Mhm." she nodded. "Oh...that's not good. School starts in two weeks. He needs to get his sleep schedule back together." the redhead frowned.

"We'll have to talk to him later. We need to get going." Toni stood up.

"We have to w-" before she could finish, Madison was walking through the door, using the emergency key Cheryl gave her. "Sorry I'm late, guys. Traffic is a pain in the A-S-S." she huffed.

"Auntie Maddy!" Aliana squealed and ran over to the woman, hugging her legs. She rubbed the girl's back, her bump in the way of seeing her. "Hi, Alia." she smiled.

"Hunter is upstairs. Please take that game from him and make sure he does some reading. That boy is going to kill me." Cheryl huffed, greeting her sister with a side hug. "How is my niece?" she looked down at Madison's belly.