Chapter 20

Continuation from last chapter!! also, I use emojis from the IOS update so if you don't have it, then the emojis would look weird😭😶‍🌫️

⚠️This chapter mentions: Acts of violence, Homophobic high schoolers, and bruises...read at your own risk⚠️

When Cheryl entered her house, Madison and Penelope were in a heated conversation. "That doesn't justify what you did, Madison!" The older redhead yelled at her daughter.

"God mom! You let Cheryl do anything she wants! That's not fair!" She yelled back.

"Woah, what is going on?!" Cheryl interfered. Penelope huffed, pinching the bridge of her nose, "Madison...Cheryl is 18 years old. She has nothing to do with this." She said calmly.

"Can I please know why we are yelling?" Cheryl asked, crossing her arms. "Go on, Madison. Explain to your older sister." She nodded towards Cheryl.

"I was smoking..." She looked down. "What the hell!?" Cheryl tilted her head, uncrossing her arms. Madison blushed in shame, "I-I know g-grandpa d-died from it. B-but all the-the popular kids-"

"Fuck the popular kids. Madison, you know what that can do to you?" Cheryl scolded, walking closer to her.

"I know- I-I'm sorry..." Madison sniffled. "You're sorry alright, you're ground until I say so young lady," Penelope said making Madison's eyes widen.

"Mom! Come on!" She cried, "I apologized!" She added.

"Madison...we need you to understand what you just put at risk here, okay?" Cheryl whispered, "What you did was not only hurtful, it was disrespectful because you knew that grandpa didn't want us following his footsteps." Cheryl finished.

"I-I've learned my lesson." The redhead nodded. Her phone started ringing but before she could pull it out, Penelope snitched it and answered, "Hi, Lisa. Sorry, honey, Madison can't be on the phone right now, she's grounded." She explained then nodded.

"You have a good night too, sweetie. Bye." She smiled before hanging up, placing the phone in her pocket. "The reason I'm really upset is that you had the audacity to do it at school." The older woman said while Cheryl sighed.

"Maybe if you guys pay attention to me for five minutes, then maybe you'll know what the hell is going on!" Madison yelled, rushing upstairs to her room and slammed the door.

"Don't-" Cheryl cut her off "Mom, go for a walk, I'll go speak to her." When Penelope hesitated, Cheryl gives her a pointed look making her mother nod. "Yeah, okay." She sighed, handing Cheryl her sister's phone.

The redhead kissed her cheek before walking upstairs to her sister's room, "Madison, can I come in?" Cheryl asked.

"Go away!" Her sobs muffled from behind the door. "I know you're upset right now, I just want to talk," Cheryl mumbled.

After a few seconds, the sound of the lock clicked and the door opened to a distressed Madison. Cheryl instantly embraced the teenager, making Madison cry more as she closed the door behind them.

"Maddy, what's going on?" Cheryl asked, rubbing her back as she sobbed into Cheryl's chest.

"I-I-" Cheryl hugged her tighter. "Calm down first, okay. Just breathe." Cheryl whispered into her hair.

Madison took deep breaths, her eyes closed as she was held closer to her older sister.

"I- I was jumped," Madison whispered making Cheryl pull away and Madison whimpered at the loss of loving contact. "What?" Cheryl asked, holding the girl's arms.