Chapter 54

Cheryl carried a sleeping Hunter into the house while on the phone with her wife.

"I got it, baby. Yes...I just got the party plates she told me she needs. Toni, no, they don't have a color at all, they're just plain white." Cheryl chuckled at her wife's excitement.

Betty walked down the stairs after exiting the guest bedroom and gestured to take Hunter from the redhead. Cheryl gave her nod and smiled as a thank you before going to place the bags down in the kitchen.

"Tell Emily I heard that." Cheryl laughed. "We'll be there soon, Emily is driving like a damn turtle." The pregnant woman huffed.

"I'm driving as fast as I can, Toni!" Cheryl heard in the background as she took the items out of the target bag, "Careful with my babies, Robinson." She warned playfully, using the woman's marriage name.

"I don't have the intention of hurting your babies, Topaz." The blonde chuckled.

"Just get back here. My mom wants us out so she can decorate." She held her phone on her shoulder so she could use both of her hands.

"We're five minutes away," Toni said.

"Alright, see you when you get here. Mm, love you more, sexy. Bye." She chuckled before hanging up.

"Good, you're back!" Penelope said as she stepped into the kitchen. "Yeah, Target didn't have the party cups, they ran out, so I got cups that'll match the plates." The redhead explained, moving to put some of the food she brought away.

"That's okay. Now, go, I have to set up and you can't see anything." The older redhead said, swatting Cheryl out of the kitchen.

"Alright, geez!" Cheryl grabbed her phone before walking out. As she was walking, Toni and Emily walked in.

"Heyyyy!" Cheryl greeted her wife with a small peck. "Hey, babe." Toni chuckled.

"My mom kicked me out of the kitchen so I'm gonna take Nala for a walk, you coming?" The redhead asked as she moved to grab the blue and white leash.

"Yeah." Toni nodded and Emily excused herself upstairs to the bathroom. "Did you see anything?" Toni asked while Cheryl grabbed her hand and walked out of the house, Nala tugging on the leash.

"No, baby, she didn't even let me get a glance out of the widow. Hopefully, it doesn't blow away tonight, I don't know why she didn't just decorate tomorrow." The redhead said, expanding Nala's leash a little bit further.

"Ugh, I'm so anxious to find out." The brunette says, rubbing her bump with her free hand. Cheryl smiled and squeezed her hand, "I can't wait to find out either, TT."

The couple walked around the gated neighborhood, greeting their neighbors and saying hi to Cody. The tween looked much older now, his hair darker and he was a bit taller.

"Hey, Cods!" Toni greeted the boy who was playing ball with his friends. "Hey, guys!" He dropped the ball, running over to pet Nala.

"No way! You know THE Toni Topaz?!" One of the boys gasped. Cody looked back and shrugged, "They're my neighbors. So I treat them like neighbors."

Toni smiled at that, his parents raised him well. "It's nice to meet you." The brunette chuckled, holding her hand out to shake the young fan's hand.

"I can't wait to see you back on the field! Emily really needs her partner in crime!" He says.

"I can't wait to be back on the field either." The brunette chuckled and Cheryl smiled at their little interaction.

********
Next day