Chapter 48

"Alright, Hunty. Mommy's coming." The redhead sighed. The mother made her way to his nursery, his cries never stopped until she picked him up.

"What's wrong, my love?" She whispered gently rocking the 6 month old. Hunter stared up at her with his big blue eyes.

"Okay, fine, you can hang out with mommy today. Isn't that exciting?!" She smiled as she got his pacifier, blanket, and teether. She made her way back to the home office and place Hunter down on the floor where they had a playmat set down.

"I have to do some work, okay?" Cheryl said more to herself then the boy who was focused on the teether ring.

Cheryl went behind the desk, occasionally looking over her laptop to watch over Hunter. She didn't notice him crawling over to one of the cupboards until she heard it raddle.

"Hunter!" She shouts, startling the boy. He leaned on the cupboard as his lip started quivering.

"Babyboy, no, don't cry. Mommy didn't mean to scare you, " Cheryl sighed, going to pick up her son.

Hunter rested his head on Cheryl's chest, accepting his mother's embrace. "Holy shit, where is my phone?" Cheryl whispered to herself, finding it on the dresser Hunter just tried to open.

She grabbed it and immediately pressed Toni's contact. Toni answered the first ring, "What's up, beautiful?" Toni's face appeared on the screen.

"Baby, you will not believe what our little Phoenix just did!" Cheryl gasped, rolling his bassinet into the room.

"Ugh, what do we have to replace now?" The momma asked, pulling out the bag of dog food. Toni agreed to go food shopping for the house, so the tanned woman was at the grocery store.

"No, nothing. He didn't break anything. But now that you say it, we finally get to baby-proof the house!" She says excitedly, laying Hunter down in his bassinet.

"Thank god! So what did our little Phoenix do?" Toni asked.

"He crawled! He did his first crawl!" Cheryl pouted. "He did!? And I missed it!" Toni frowned.

"Don't worry, baby. I didn't see either. I didn't notice until I heard him trying to open the cupboard." Cheryl explained.

"Okay, I'll be home soon. Wait- you said you wanted more eggs, right?" Toni asked.

"Yeah, and get some more formula for Hunter." The redhead adds. "Got it. Love you." Toni says.

"I love you more, sexy. Drive your fine ass home safely, yeah?" The redhead smirked.

"Lord...don't make me speed, Cher. Because I will!" Toni said.

Cheryl laughed, "Alright, I'll stop teasing."

******

Hunter sat on the couch, pillows surrounding him so he wouldn't fall off. He held his bottle, drinking from it slowly while watching the Tv.

Toni sat beside him, doing some online shopping. She looked beside her and her heart ached, their precious baby boy was growing up.

"Hunter, " Toni whispered and the boy looked at her, taking his bottle out of his mouth before handing it to her.

"Oh no, I don't want any, baby. Thank you, though." Toni shook her head. Hunter gave her a grin before putting the bottle back into his mouth and turning back at the Tv.

Cheryl entered the room, Nala not too far behind her. "What are my two favorite people up to?" She smiled, sitting next to Hunter. He offered Cheryl some of his milk, and the redhead gently declined.