Chapter 32

Haha-this was a bit rushed also yeah...angst
🚪🏃🏾‍♀️💨 (that's me running out the door)

3 months later
⚠️ANGST⚠️

Cheryl woke up to Toni sitting at the edge of her bed and then her heart dropped. Today was the day they say goodbye.

"TT..." Cheryl sat up. Toni turned around, tears pricking her eyes. "Baby, don't cry," Cheryl whispered, pulling her closer.

Last month Toni received her acceptance email from the California university of sports. And Cheryl well...she got accepted to the New York University of Arts and Law firm.

Toni whimpered into her neck as Cheryl kissed her hair. "I'm going to miss you, so much." Toni shook her head as she sniffled.

"I am too, baby. But I will be thinking of you every step of the way, I love you so much, and that will never change." Cheryl shook her head.

Toni pulled away, looking into blue eyes, "Let's just run away together! Let's not go to college, we'll get married! Have that family you said you wanted!" Toni shook her head.

Cheryl giggled, "Oh, baby. As much as I wish we could, we can't. We have to go." Cheryl said softly as she looked at the alarm clock.

"Hey, we still have 4 hours left. Let's go do something that makes us happy." Cheryl said.

"The roller rink?" Toni asked. Their 1 year anniversary was spent there, "Of course, baby. Anything you want." Cheryl pecked her lips softly.

The redhead got dressed and Toni wiped her face of tear stains. "You ready?" Cheryl asked, holding out her hand.

"Mhm." Toni hummed.

*****

"Don't let me fall!" Cheryl giggled as Toni skated with Cheryl on her back. "I got you." Toni laughed.

"Slow down, TT!" Cheryl squealed. Toni giggled as they made it to the end.

"See? You're alive!" Toni chirped making Cheryl smiled and lean forward to kiss her lips. Toni smiled and pulled her along to skate some more. After skating, they decided to grab lunch before Toni had to catch her flight.

"Ew! You got tomato on your chin." Cheryl giggled. "Wipe it off then," Toni smirked, leaning forward. Cheryl kissed her chin before grabbing napkins and wiping off her face.

Toni smiled, leaning in to kiss her, "I love you, so so much." She whispered.

"I love you more, TT. Don't forget that." Cheryl said, squeezing the brunette's hand. Cheryl stalled as she ate her food, but she knew that Toni has a flight to catch and so did she.

********

Toni sighed as her father pulled her suitcase out of the house and into the brunette's car. "Cheryl's going to drive with me, then drive my car back," Toni informed her parents.

"Ditto, Anty. I'm going to miss you around here." Andrew chuckled to keep from tearing up as he hugged his daughter

"I'll be here to see my baby sister when she arrives, I promise," Toni said into his shoulder. "I know you will." He sniffled, failing to keep the tears at bay.

Cheryl watched from the car window, she couldn't bring herself to hear the conversation because she knew that once they made it to the airport she'd break down.

"I love you, Marie." Toni smiled, squeezing the woman tight. "I love you more, baby. Be that shining star you thrive to be." She smiled, "I better see your face in the sports section of a magazine." She warned playfully.