Chapter 88

5-months later (Sorry for the time skips, just to warn you, they'll be one more time skip :)

"Momma, I hate it!" Aliana squirmed and turned her face as Toni applied sunscreen to her light olive skin. "I know, bub. But you need it, or you'll get sunburn. And trust me, it's the worse. Ask mommy."

"Hey." Cheryl glared at her from her spot on the bed. She was dressing the twins. She dressed the 10-month-olds in cute jumpers. Leileena's was yellow and Grayson's was green. "You two are just the cutest!" the redhead pouted as she put on their socks.

Leileena flashed her incoming teeth causing Toni to coo as she was walking over to them. "She's growing teeth." she points out.

"I know!" Cheryl chuckled sadly. "Our babies are growing up." she sighed. "What about me, mommy? I didn't grow up!" Aliana insisted and rushed to hug her side. She didn't want Cheryl to be sad.

"But you did, princess." Cheryl laughed softly. "I still love you either way," she vowed and straightened out her daughter's hair. Aliana decided to wear one of Hunter's plain T-shirts, which was a little big on her, and a pair of basketball shorts along with her royal blue Air Jordan 1s. And her hair was flattened out against her back.

Toni stood Leileena up, holding the girl's hands to help her balance. The twins haven't started to walk yet but they were getting there. The couple recently brought them, baby walkers. They hadn't purchased those for Hunter and Aliana so they wanted to give it a try, and so far it's been working.

"Are you guys ready!?" Hunter asked as he ran into the room, holding his soccer ball. The boy was wearing his swim trunks and a plain T-shirt, though he had on his cleats, hence why he had his soccer ball. Despite not being interested in taking up the sport, Hunter adored soccer because it connects him with Toni more.

"We been ready." Aliana rolled her eyes and made her way over to her older brother. "Is that my T-shirt?" the smaller boy pointed. The smaller girl looked down at the shirt and shrugged. "Who knows."

Cheryl chuckled while she picked up Grayson. "That is your shirt, baby. Is it alright if she borrowed it?"

"Eh, I don't care." the boy shrugged before smiling in excitement. "Are we going now!?"

"You know you could've gone without us, right? It's our backyard." his momma spoke up and ruffled his hair as she passed by with Leileena in her arms.

"Hub hub." the baby waved at her older brother. Hunter grinned and waved back. "You're so adorable, Lei." he chuckled before turning to Aliana. "I call dubs on goalie!"

"No! You were goalie last time!" the hazel-eyed girl glared, the blue flecks in her eyes becoming prominent.

"Liar! I was not!" the blue-eyed boy retaliated. "Nuh-uh! I don't lie! Right, mommy?" the girl turned to look at her mother as they entered the backyard. Toni let out a deep sigh as the fresh spring air hit her nose.

"No, mommy, tell her that she's lying about her not lying all the time."

"Cut it out right now, you two. We are having a family day and we will get along today, do you understand?" Cheryl scolded as her wife sat Leileena down on the blanket they had set up earlier.

"But-"

"Do I make myself clear, Phoenix?" Cheryl cut him off. "Yes, ma'am." he nods immediately.

"Good. Now you two go play so momma can make your hot dogs and burgers, kay?"

"Okay!" Aliana smiled and ran off to the goalie net. "Play nice you too!" Toni called after them. "We will!" the smaller girl promised. They relaxed with the twins for a few, taking in the soft spring air.