Chapter 30

As I said before this book has more fluff than it does angst. If it gets boring just click off🏃🏾‍♀️💨
BYE, BECAUSE I WENT TO SLEEP AND WOKE UP WITH NO VOICE I COULD BARELY SPEAK😃🏃🏾‍♀️💨

⚠️SMUT, ANGST⚠️

"Cher! Please, please, baby. Wake up!" Toni cried, resting her head on the lifeless girl's chest.

"I swear, I didn't see the truck! Baby, I'm so sorry!" Toni sobbed as Jason comforted her.

"I'll love you always and forever!" Toni caresses an eerily pale cheek.

Toni sat up with a gasp, sniffling as she breathed heavily. Cheryl stirred, "Baby?" She asked but was caught of guard when Toni hugged her.

"Baby? What's wrong?" The redhead asked. She furrowed her eyebrows when Toni sobbed into her chest, this never happened before.

"My love, you're scaring me!" She whispered, gently rubbing Toni's back. "I-I- c-cher!" Toni shook her head, clinging tighter to Cheryl's shirt.

"It's alright, baby." Cheryl whispered, sitting up slightly and gently pulling Toni's face from her chest, "Hey, it's alright. Just breathe, baby, just breathe." Cheryl soothed, wiping Toni's tears.

Toni whimpered, nodding against Cheryl's hand. After a few minutes, Toni let out a breath as she sniffled.

"What's wrong?" Cheryl asked, concern evident on her face. Toni shook her head and pulled back to rest on Cheryl's chest.

Cheryl laid them back down, her hands making their way inside her girlfriend's shirt to caress soft tan skin. She knew that's what made Toni feel better.

Toni sniffled, staring blankly outside. That was the worst dream she ever had in her life. As she thought about it, tears pricked her eyes again and she cuddled closer to Cheryl if that was even possible.

"I-I'm sorry for waking you." Toni sniffled. Cheryl shook her head, before waving it off, "It's okay, my love. I'm just worried,"

Toni wiped her eyes again, her heartbreaking painfully in her chest. "I-I- had a nightmare...we were d-driving on the highway, ja-jamming to o-our favorite songs...this-" Toni suppressed a sob making Cheryl hold onto her tighter.

Toni continued soon after, "This t-truck...It just- it came out of n-no where! Like-like- it just popped up. And-and I was smi-smiling at you then a-all of a sudden- you gasp. The-then the truck hits us, Cher-" Toni whimpered, "Y-You didn't- You didn't make it- and I-"

"Oh my God, baby. I'm so sorry." Cheryl pouted, squeezing Toni's waist. "I-I- I wouldn't stop-stop crying. And- somehow I lived, I- hated it."

Despite them having to be up in 3 more hours to get ready for the drive to New York, Cheryl knew they'd be up all night. She has never reassured Toni before, but she knew she had to help the brunette.

"Baby, look I'm right here." Cheryl spoke softly, pulling Toni to straddle her, the brunette tucking her face in her pale girl's neck.

"I-I'm scared-" The brunette whimpered, more tears pricking at her eyes. Cheryl sighed and sat up against the headboard, Toni's frame flush against her chest.

The tired redhead pulled Toni's face from her neck, "Why are you scared, my love? I'm right here, baby." Cheryl spoke with softness.

"I-I...I d-don't ever wanna lose you, Cher." Toni shook her head, a tear rolling down her cheek, only to be wiped away by a pale thumb, "I-I- don- I don't think I'd be able to live without you, ever." Toni added.