Chapter 41

Cheryl blow-dried her hair in the mirror her hair blew in the hot wind, she smiled down at her tiny baby bump. She was now 3 months along.

"Baby!" She heard making her smile. "In the bathroom, my love!" The redhead called back before unplugging the blow dryer. Toni entered the bedroom and smiled while she watched her wife tuck the blow dryer into one of the cupboards. "I got you these." The brunette smiled, handing Cheryl a bouquet of roses.

"Aw, baby." Cheryl pouted, gently taking the roses, "I love it, thank you, baby." The pale woman smiled.

"No problem, gorgeous." The brunette smiled, pecking her lips twice. "You ready?" Toni asked once she pulled away.

"Mhm. Pretty nervous, I know we saw them before but they're bigger now. And we'd get to see its features. And we also find out some of it's genetic-"

"Okay, baby, I get it." Toni giggled. "What are you so worried about?" The brunette asked, gently pulling Cheryl to sit down on the bed beside her.

"Well...what- what if they don't look like us...that'll be very- awkward."The redhead chuckled, "I mean, I'm sure I'd still love them regardless, but that's just my fear. It-it's dumb." Cheryl shook her head, looking down at her lap.

"Babe...if it's something that's bothering you then it isn't dumb, okay? I'm sure they'll look more like you, but a mix of both of us, yeah? I mean we did use some of my DNA." Toni rubbed her wife's thigh.

"Yeah, that makes sense." The redhead chuckled.

"Now, can we go see our baby?" Toni giggled, standing up.

"Yeah, " Cheryl smiled, coping her wife's actions, "Let me put these in a vase, then we can go," Cheryl added, picking up the roses.

*******

"Good afternoon, ladies." Dr. Sanders smiled at them as she dried her hands.

"Good afternoon." The couple smiled back.

"Welcome back to your 3rd ultrasound. Last ultrasound we got to hear their heartbeat, and as I said last week, today we will be looking at the toes, hands, and feet." She told them as she typed on the computer.

"Will we also get to hear about some of their genetics?" Toni asked for Cheryl.

"Oh! Yes, I forgot to say that." Dr. Sanders nodded with a chuckle, "So we will look at punnett squares. It'll show which trait was more dominant than it was recessive." She explained. (I hope you paid attention in science/health class)

"Sounds good, " Cheryl nodded, lifting her shirt so Dr. Sanders could put the gel on her stomach. "Cute little bump you got there."

She moved the probe over Cheryl's stomach, finding the fetus immediately. "Okay, let's listen to its heart first." She said.

The sound of the baby's heartbeat filled the room. Toni looked at Cheryl and smiled, kissing her cheek.

"Alright, let's see. You see that?" She asked, moving the pointer to one of the fingers.

"Yes, " They both nodded.

"Well, looks like your baby just developed two of their fingers." She smiled.

"How cute!" Cheryl cooed. Dr. Sanders then pulled up the punnett squares.

"Okay, just to remind you, these can change over time." Dr. Sanders said and they nodded at her.

"For eye color, blue came back dominant." She chuckled, looking over at them. "See...I told you, Cher." Toni giggled.

"As for hair color, It mixed up between brown and ginger so they'll have Auburn hair, but if it changes, brown and curly is more dominant." She explained.