Chapter 80

This is going to be a LONG chapter so get your snacks!

"Alia! Come on! We can't be late for our appointment!" Cheryl called for her daughter, pulling her sweater over her fully-due pregnancy bump.

Cheryl has hit full term now and her last ultrasound appointment is today. It's only for Dr. Sanders to check on them, make sure they're both in position so birth wouldn't be complicated. Now that they were a bit overdue, just by 3 days, Dr. Sanders suggested this ultrasound.

Toni came downstairs with Aliana on her arm, the small girl bouncing with excitement. It was just the three of them today. Hunter was at school, learning or whatnot. "What's today again?" Toni asked, placing their daughter down after giving her a cheek kiss.

"May 15th," Cheryl replied, running her hands through their daughter's hair as the 4-year-old hugged her belly. "You ready to go, mi mariposa?" she asked softly.

The girl nodded and accepted her mother's hand as the redhead grabbed the keys to the jeep. "Hey, Siri, remind me to buy Hunter soccer cleats." the brunette spoke into her apple watch.

"Setting a reminder to Buy Hunter soccer cleats. Is that correct?"

"Yes."

"Reminder set." the device replied.

"We get to see babies!" their daughter cheered as she was buckled into her booster seat. "Yep! And soon, they'll be here and you'll get hold them and give them little kisses." Cheryl grinned before kissing Aliana's forehead causing the girl to squeal happily. Cheryl chuckled before pulling away and gently shutting the door.

Toni helped her into the car before getting into the jeep herself. "Shit." Toni heard her wife mumble.

"What's wrong?" she asked, looking over at her as she twisted the key into the ignition. "We need a bigger car, TT." the pregnant woman pouted, tears brimming her eyes. "Why-what's wrong with this one?" the brunette furrowed her eyebrows, reaching over to rub her belly. That usually soothes her whenever her mood swings happen.

"Because! We-we're going to h-have four kids..." she almost sobbed. Aliana grimaced when her mother looked at her in the rearview mirror in a way of saying 'leave me out of this'

"Aww, my beautiful love, I'm already looking for cars that are are compatible with our family, okay? Don't you stress your little head." she squeezed her hand.

"You pr-promise?" the latter sniffled, looking at her with wife puffy blue eyes. "Yes. I promise. Hopefully, by next week, we'd have one. So for now, we'd have to use this one, kay? We'd make it work." she reassured.

"Okay." Cheryl nodded, wiping stray tears. "Are you feeling better now, mommy?" Aliana asked.

"Yes, my love. I'm sorry about that." Cheryl chuckled lightly, looking in the glove compartment for a tissue while Toni pulled off.

"It's okay. We all get sad sometimes." the small girl shrugged and leaned back as she looked out of the window. Furrowing their eyebrows, the couple looked at her in the rearview mirror before looking at each other and laughing softly. "That's your daughter alright." Toni snickered.

Cheryl reached for her hand and squeezed it hard causing Toni to wince. "Ow, ow, ow." she chanted. Cheryl pulled away with a smirk on her face. "Just preparing you for when I'm pushing your daughter and the other one out of me."

"Stupid mood swings." the brunette woman mumbled.

The drive was silent from there, everyone too preoccupied to speak. Toni rested her arm out of the window as she drove, thinking about how her life changed all those years ago. All because of a certain redhead.