Chapter 81

The early sun beamed through the window in their hospital room as Cheryl got ready to breastfeed the twins. The redhead held Leileena and Grayson in her arms as the nurse helped them latch on to her nipple.

"Wow, this is the fastest it ever happened. You two have fast learners." the woman grinned, adjusting Leileena's head.

"Thank you." Cheryl thanked the woman. "So when do I know if they're done?" she then asked. It was her first time breastfeeding ever. After she had Hunter, she didn't breastfeed him, she pumped milk instead.

"They'll unlatch naturally," she replied and went over to the computer to type something.

"You're doing amazing, Cher." Toni smiled, caressing her hair. "Me? I'm not even doing anything." Cheryl chuckled lowly, not wanting her chest to shake and startle the twins.

"No, she's right. Usually, it takes a while for the mother to be comfortable. Being that the breast gets so tender during pregnancy, it hurts them when it's time to breastfeed." the nurse explained. "See? Thank you." Toni nodded at the woman before turning back to her wife. "Plus, you're so strong. You only got two hours of sleep and yet you're awake doing this." Toni sighed. "I adore you more than I ever did."

Cheryl's cheeks flushed red as she looked down at the two sleeping babies. Upon hearing that, the nurse pouted at how cute the two are. "Alright. Dr. Sanders should be here soon to run tests on them then she'll give them their first bath." she divulged.

"Thank you so much. The staff here is fantastic." Toni praised.

"Hey, we do what we can." she grinned before picking up her folder and leaving. Toni sat in the chair beside her wife as she took out her phone. "After they're dressed and such, everyone said they're coming by."

"I can't wait to see their faces once they see Grayson," Cheryl smirked. "They'll be so shocked but happy at the same time," she added.

"I'm excited too." Toni chuckled.

10 minutes later, the two infants were unlatched by their mother and started crying out. Cheryl looked over at Toni who immediately come to help. She allowed her wife to take Grayson so she can calm down Leileena. "Hey, hey, what's wrong?" Toni patted his back gently. He let out a burp and Toni laughed softly. "That felt good huh?" she whispered as he settled down.

Cheryl got Leileena to burp shortly after and Toni handed her the pacifier she got from their bag last night. She placed the little dinosaur pacifier in her daughter's mouth and sighed when the small girl didn't reject it. Leileena was super fussy through the night, she was only here for 6 hours yet she had so much to cry about.

"How do you think the kids will react to them?" Toni asked above a whisper.

"Alia will get shy and Hunter will definitely cry," Cheryl said surely. "Nah, I think they'll both will get shy." Toni shook her head, swaying gently to keep Grayson at peace.

"Wanna make a bet?" the pale woman smirked at her. Toni smirked in reply and Cheryl continued. "If they do what you said they would, I'll do anything you want. But! If they do what I said they would, you have to do whatever I want." the redhead bit her lip.

"Hell yeah, I'm down." she nodded.

"Since I already won, I want you to stop using profanities in front of the kids," Cheryl demanded. Toni threw her free hand up in surrender, "It came out, baby." she pouted.

Shortly after, Dr. Sanders came into the room and started testing the twins. She did Leileena first since she was the crier.

"I'm going to test her hearing with this." she walked the couple through the process, wanting them to be comfortable too. "So, I need you to call out her name and see if she'll respond."