Chapter 98

The moon's light illuminated the couple's bedroom as they slept soundly. They had a long day with the kids. Hunter had to dance after school, so Toni had to hurry to drop him off there. The twins weren't having a good day, so Cheryl had to tend to them. And Aliana was coming up with some sort of bug. It was just stressful.

So when they got their kids down for bed, they immediately went to their own. Usually, they'll stay up and have their nightly talks or cuddle with a movie. But now, they were knocked out against the duvet of their bed, Toni's light snoring sounding through the room.

Meanwhile, Aliana tossed and turned in bed, her face scrunching in pain. She sat up abruptly, coughing with force. Tears started to prick at her eyes as she looked towards her door.

She didn't hesitate to get out of her bed. Her whimpers sounded through the hallway as she passed her brother's room and headed straight for her parent's room. "Mommy." she squeaked, holding her throat as she coughed some more. It felt dry and very scratchy. It was so painful for her.

She finally got the door opened and rushed over to her mothers sleeping forms. "Mommy." she cried once more. She shook the lawyer gently with her free hand, the other trying to soothe the swelling in her throat. She felt like she couldn't breathe.

"M-Mommy." she tried once more. Cheryl started to stir and once Aliana's sniffling passed through her ears she popped her blue eyes open in concern.

"Baby? What's wrong?" she sat up on her elbows. She couldn't see in the dark so she reached over to shut on the lamp. Her eyes caught the time on the alarm clock and she frowned deeper. 2:27 AM.

"I-It hurts, m-mommy. It hu-hurts so bad!" the girl cried. That caused Toni to wake up. The brunette squinted her eyes open and yawned, rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

"Okay, my love, okay. What hurts? tell me what hurts." the redhead sat up fully, pulling the 10-year-old closer to the bed. Aliana climbed onto the bed as Toni sat up, worry now written on her face.

"Here." their daughter pointed to her throat. Toni went to cut her lamp on and turned back around to examine the girl's throat.

"Oh my god," Cheryl whispered softly at the sight of the red swollen flesh. She reached up to feel it and Aliana flitches with a wince. "That hurts." she whimpered.

"Okay, Alia. I'm sorry." the lawyer pouted. She looked over at her wife and frowned. The girl was in so much pain and they hated to see her this way.

Earlier she came down with a fever and they gave her some children's meds, which put her to sleep most of the day.

Toni immediately got out of bed and entered the connected ensuite bathroom, shutting on the light and cutting on the water. She grabbed a glass cup from the cabinet before putting warm water in it.

Cheryl felt Aliana's forehead and sighed. "TT, bring the thermometer as well!"

Toni nodded, despite her wife not being able to see her. She bent down and opened the cabinet, grabbing one of their thermometers. Don't ask why they have so many, she'll never know.

Shutting the door, Toni stood back up and left the bathroom. "It's okay, baby. Momma and I are going to help you." she came back to see her wife cradling their distressed girl.

"Look, my love, here. drink some water? It'll help you feel better."

Aliana shook her head through her tears, hiding her face in Cheryl's chest. "Oh, Alia, please don't be stubborn." Toni frowned as she hands over the glass of warm water.

"Come on, Alia, baby. Look." the pale woman gently pulled her body away. Whimpering in defeat, the 10-year-old took the warm water, whining when she had to swallow the liquid.