Chapter 31

The cool summer air hit Cheryl's skin as she, Madison, Toni, and Lisa walked down the block.

"Does Audrey even live here anymore?" Madison asked as they approached the apartment complex. "Duh, I was here in March." Cheryl rolled her eyes, holding the door open.

"Hey, August!" She smiled as she reaches the desk. "Cherbear! Good to see you, looking for Auds?" He said with a knowing look.

"Do you even have to ask?" Cheryl giggled. He smiled, "Give me a sec." He said picking up the phone.

"Who is this 'Auds' anyway? She sounds cool." Lisa said, Madison reaching up to play with her hair.

"She's the only friend I had here. She'd take me out whenever I'm stuck at home with Nana."

Toni sighed inwardly, 'Not the time to be jealous, Toni.' "I knew I heard Auggie right! Cherbear!" Audrey giggled, pulling Cheryl into a hug.

"Hey, Auds!" Cheryl smiled. As they pulled away, Audrey gasped, "Maddy! Oh, my gosh!? Look how big you've gotten!" She smiled, squeezing the girl tight.

"It's good to see you too, Audrey." The redhead chuckled. "Who is this pretty lady?" Audrey asked, pointing at Lisa.

"I'm Lisa, Madison's girlfriend." She smiled, holding out her hand. "Wow! Madison finally listened to me!" She smirked.

"Oh hush, I didn't." Madison shook her head.

"Okay, okay." Cheryl stopped Audrey, "I want you to meet someone very important to me, okay?" Cheryl eyed the girl.

Audrey rolled her eyes, "Got it, Cher." She nodded.

Cheryl stepped aside, pulling Toni's hand. "Baby, this is Audrey," Cheryl said, "Audrey, this is my girlfriend, Toni." She introduced.

"Damn, Cher. You told me was hot, not smoking hot." The girl pushed her shoulder lightly.

"Is it normal for New Yorkers to just call people hot and stuff?" Toni asked, looking at Cheryl. "Technically, yeah. But not really." The redhead shrugged.

"Anyways, we're going to times square, you down?" Cheryl asked. "Yep, you already know." The girl laughed before the group started to make their way out.

As they were walking, Audrey was talking about her and Cheryl's hangouts. Toni was getting tired of it.

"Cheryl used to laugh so hard the water would come out of her nose!" She said making Madison laugh and point at Cheryl, who was also, getting tired of it.

"Alright, Auds. Don't give Maddy anything else to bully me with." Cheryl said firmly.

"Alright, alright. I will shut up." She nodded.

'Thank you' Toni rolled her eyes. Once they made it to times square, the group started deciding on where to go.

"Maybe the movies?" Lisa suggested. "We can do that last, uhm- 'Dave & Busters' is down this way, how about we go there?" Cheryl said.

"Yeah, let's go." Madison agreed. Cheryl turned to Toni, "You wanna go?" She asked, wanting to make sure her girlfriend felt included.

"Yeah, sure." Toni nodded.

******

"Baby! That's cheating!" Cheryl whined when Toni started distracting her as she raced her in the cars.

"Too bad!" Toni giggled. Audrey, Lisa, and Madison sat near the game, watching Toni and Cheryl race each other.

"They're perfect for each other." Audrey smiled. "Tell me about it. You rarely ever see them apart." Lisa chuckled.