Chapter 1 - The Message

Author's POV

Author's POV

A very furious Aahana paced back and forth massaging her head in exhaustion. Draupadi and Subhadra stood at one corner looking at the tensed samragyi while biting their own nails, anticipating her next move.
Nakul, Sahadev, Arjun and Bheem entered and looked at the scene.

A crying 8 year old Sagarika stood behind her brothers. Padmanabh and Anant stood with their eyes gawking at the floor and their clothes torn and muddy.

"What's happening?" Arjun whispered to Subhadra who just elbowed him in the stomach indicating to be quiet.

"Padmanabh, Anant, Varun and Abhimanyu, will you all enlighten me why did you nearly killed this boy?" Aahana asked in a stern voice while the boys stayed mum.

Seven years passed since Anant's birth. Arjun returned last year from his exhile. He got married to the Manipuri princess Chitrangada and Naga Princess Uloopi in his exile period. Everything was normal in Indraprasth. Draupadi was now a mother to five kids. Padmanabh with Karna, Varun with Bheem, Laksh with Nakul, Hriday with Sahadev and Arnav with Arjun. Arnav was just two months old.

Subhadra had one son, Abhimanyu. Due to excessive bleeding at the time of her delivery, she couldn't be a mother again. It broke her heart and it was hard for her to get out of the trauma. Aahana also gave birth to a set of twins - Varad and Varnika who were just a year old.

"I'm asking you something!" She spoke in a higher tone scaring the kids.

"And you, little devils. You all are just small in age otherwise you are no less than little devils. Why did you all attack him altogether?" Aahana asked the other four boys who also hid behind their three elder brothers.

"Maa..he...called....I mean....he" Abhimanyu stammered.

"What abhi?" Aahana asked keeping her hands on her waist.

"Maa, he abused Sagarika." Padmanabh said.

"What did he say?" Aahana asked eyeing the boy who was injured. His clothes were torn and muddy, his bottom lip was split open with blood oozing out and his body was covered with wounds here and there.

"Can't say that ill word maa. I'll kill him again." Padmanabh gritted his teeth.

"Padma!" Draupadi warned her son.

"Anant. You don't lie na. You tell me. What did he say that you beat him black and blue?" Aahana asked her son.

Menawhile, Nakul and Sahadev treated the boy.

"He called didi an illegitimate child maa. We got angry. No one talks about our sister like that. So all of us attacked him." Anant confessed.

Aahana balled her fists in anger. No one had the right to say anything about her daughter. Aahana glanced at the boy who was whimpering in pain as the twins treated him.