Chapter 18 - Pashupatastra

Author's POV

Author's POV

It was their last day of exhile. After today, they will have to enter into incognito. All of them sat together, discussing about their next step.

"Arjun will return today. But what about bhrata Karna?" Bheem asked.

"His penance is not over yet. What now? If we reach matsya kingdom by today, our incognito will fail on the first day itself." Nakul voiced out his worry.

"But we can't leave without aryaputra Karna. And also, we have to wait for aryaputra Arjun." Draupadi stated.

Yudhishthir looked at Sahadev to find him deep in thought. He knew there was something in his mind.

"Sahadev, what do you suggest?" He asked.

"Bhratashree, I think we all need to divide into two groups. One group can stay here and wait for bhrata Arjun and the other one should go and check on bhrata Karna." The youngest one suggested.

"Very well then. I and Sahadev will go to check up on bhrata Karna and the others will stay here." He announced and Sahadev sighed, trying to convey his message without disclosing the truth.

"Uh..uhm...bhratashree, let's take bhabhishree with us too. We might need her help." Everyone frowned at Sahadev's request but Yudhishthir knew that if Sahadev was saying something, then there was some hidden message in it.

"Fine then. Aahana will accompany us while others will join us there as soon as Arjun comes." Everyone nodded at his announcement.

Aahana and Draupadi hugged and wished each other before the three left leaving Draupadi, Bheem and Nakul in the hut.

The three of them traveled for hourse before reaching the deep forests. The three of them walked close with Aahana between both men. The place was filled with eerie silence and number of weird creatures. In the silent of the dark forest, all they could hear were the creepy sound of insects and animals. After traveling for almost three hours without stopping, they reached the place where Karna was meditating.

Three of them gasped as they looked at Karna. He looked terrible standing on his one leg, hardly breathing, his ribs prominent and his lips dried but still moving in a hymn of 'Om Namah Shivay'.

Their eyes teared up looking at his condition.

"Jyesht, look at bhrata Karna. His condition is terrible. Why is mahadev ignoring his prayers?" Sahadev cried at his brother's condition.

"Pitashree....why?" Aahana whispered to herself as he looked at Karna.

"There must be some reason. That too, a big one." Yudhishthir concluded, discreetly wiping a stray tear that escaped his eye.

"But what now arya? We can't see him suffering like this." Aahana stated, worry and panic clear in her voice.

"Bhabhishree, why don't you use your wish?" Sahadev suggested almost immediately.