Chapter 22 - Divided

Unedited

Unedited

DISCLAIMER: THE FOLLOWING STORY IS A COMPLETE WORK OF FICTION AND IS NOWHERE MENTIONED. PLEASE READ IT AS A FICTION.

Author's Note

Maharani Sudeshna paced back and forth in her chamber as the news that Uttar, her son developed cold feet in the battle field. Draupadi and Aahana glanced at each other with a known expression.

"Mata, calm down. Brihanala is with Uttar. He will be fine." Uttara assured her mother eventhough her heart was sore with worry.

"What will that enuch do Uttara? He has no experience of war

"What will that enuch do Uttara? He has no experience of war." Sudeshna voiced out while Draupadi fisted her hands. In all these years, Sudeshna never left a chance in insulting Brishanala for being an enuch. Her behavior with other servants was also not acceptable. Draupadi kept mum for the entire year but now that their incognito was over, she wanted to scream out their identity loud so that they realize who they were insulting. Aahana held Draupadi's head and shook her head without anyone's notice.

"Mata, Brihanala is an enuch but he is one of the bravest and wisest person I've met. I am sure, he will save Uttar any how." Uttara tried to coax her mother. Before the queen can retort, she was interrupted by a dasi who came running.

"Maharani! Brihanala is not Brihanala." She panted, shock clear on her face.

"What? What are you saying? Be specific."

"Brihanala is actually rajkumar Arjun. He single handedly wom against the army of Hastinapur and is coming back with prince Uttar." She informed which resulted in an expression of shock and relief from the Queen of Matsya.

"What? Is it true that the pandavas and their wives were actually here since last one year?" Uttara asked.

"Yes we were." Draupadi announced lifting the veil of her face. The chamber resonated with gasps and silent whispers on witnessing the dark beauty in front of them. She smiled at the queen of Matsya who looked perplexed.

"I, yagyaseni Draupadi greet you maharani Sudeshna." Draupadi joined her hands.

" Draupadi joined her hands