Chapter 50 - The End

Unedited

Unedited

Author's POV

Months passed with Bharat desh flourishing. The Samrat, Samragyi and their people worked say and night to keep their promise to Shri Krishna. The responsibility given to them by him was more important to them than their own lives. Apart from their work life, everyone managed to mend their families and broken relationship. They grew closer and stronger than ever. Entire family used to sit together after dinner and spend time talking and chatting about their days and lives.

Chhavi, who refused to get married to anyone was accepted who heartedly in the family as Anant's wife. Aahana and Yudhishthir knew what they shared and hence they made sure that Chhavi get what she deserves, the position and dignity of Anant's wife. Even after a lot of persuasion, she refused to accept anyone else as her life partner. So, everyone made sure that she is not alone in this journey.

Sagarika too found it in herself to heal herself along with her family. With her family support, her mother's love and her father's constant guidance, she had begun to heal. It was true that Lakshman's position was replaceable in her life. No one could ever take his place, the place which was solely his. It was funny to her how without even confessing, without even behaving like proper lovers they were so close that even the thought of someone else being in her life was gut wrenching for her. The guilt and pain was enough for the rest of her life.

People said that time healed everything. It wasn't true. Time makes you realize that you have no option but to live with the truth. So you make truce with the situation. Time makes the sorrow, the pain a part of your life in a way that without it life seems nothing.

The night was darker than usual, the clouds thundered in a low growl indicating the worsening weather. The night had an unusual creepiness to it. Yudhishthir reached his room and kept aside the crown and his heavy jewelry. His eyes searched for his wife who was nowhere in sight. His went towards the dressing room to see if his wife was there. He frowned when his gaze fell on the jewelry she wore today.

She changed this means. Where did she go then?

He thought to himself. Shaking his head he turned around still calling her name. The translucent curtains flew in the heavy storm. Thinking she might be out in the balcony, he shifted the curtains to a side. A little smile graced his face as soon as he saw the view in front of him. Aahana stood facing the night sky gazing at the full moon which looked like a ball of white elixir, it's beauty was unusual today as if marking a new beginning with a new end.

Her white dupatta trailed smoothly down her shoulders like a river of ksheer descending from between the snowy peaks of the Himalayas. Her dress wavered slightly with the wind as her long dark tresses stood out on her pale look. She definitely looked like an enchantress of the Himalayas.

"Aahana?" He spoke after a few minutes as she didn't turn around to face him even after so long which was unusual.

As time passed without her turning around, Yudhishthir's heart began to fall in the pit of his stomach. A weird feeling started to creep up in his heart. Even in that placid night, there was something eerie feeling that swam in air.