Chapter 3 - Donation

Author's POV

Author's POV

Karna, Draupadi and Sahadev reached Hastinapur. They were welcomed with all the rituals and utmost respect which was only a fake behavior of half of the people.

"Pranipat Maharani! Pranipat Maharaj! I apologize on the behalf of Samrat as he couldn't personally come here due to his work." Karna said politely.

"It's alright putra Karna. We know that Samrat has responsibilities of the whole Aryavart. So it's obvious he must be busy. But we are glad that you are here." Pitamah said politely.

"Come inside putron. Come inside Draupadi" Mata Gandhari welcomed them in. Everything seemed normal to Karna and Draupadi but Sahadev was worried. His premonition of the upcoming events was not pleasant. On the way to their chamber, they met the evil trio.

"Pranipat Mahamahim! Pranipat Rajkumari Draupadi! Pranipat Kumar Sahadev!" They all greeted while the other three greeted back.

"We wish you a good and safe stay here Mahamahim Karna." Duryodhan taunted. Something broke inside Karna and his smile faltered. No matter how Duryodhan was, he was his friend once and his behavior hurt Karna. He braced himself and gave a tight smile.

"Thank you Duryodhan. I'm sure we'll have one." Karna said politely.

"Why did Samrat send his illegitimate brother here in his place? Is he scared of his mighty brothers in Hastinapur?" Dushasan taunted that made Draupadi's and Sahadev's blood boil. Before Sahadev could move any further, Karna held him back.

"Samrat is a busy man who has responsibility of the whole Aryavart unlike some people who have nothing to do except roam around the palace on their father's money." Draupadi said in extra sugary voice.

"You-"

"You all must be tired by the journey. Why don't you rest for sometime before lunch?" Gandhar raj immediately interrupted the conversation. Karna, Sahadev and Draupadi left from the place.

"Why did you stop me mamashree? I would've taught that Draupadi and her husbands a good lesson." Dushasan gritted his teeth.

"Mere bacche, not all words need words in return. Some need actions too." Gandhar raj said stroking his beard.

"But Yudhishthir didn't come mamashree. So how will you do it. That man ruined everything." Duryodhan fisted his hands in anger.

"Calm down mere bacche. These brothers are the epitome of dharma. All the kaunteyas are the same. Their biggest enemy is their dharma." Shakuni said with the everlasting evil smirk on his face.

"I don't get you mamashree. What is your plan?" Dushasan asked confused.

"Gandhar raj never discloses his plans before actually executing it mere bacchon." Shakuni said.

"Mamashree, beware before you execute any plan of yours. Karna is accompanied by that cunning Draupadi and that oh-so-intelligent Sahadev. We need to be careful around them." Duryodhan said as he looked towards where the three went.