- S O R R Y -

I stepped off the train, bags in hand as I searched the platform for my dad. He said he would pick me up here, where could he be hiding? I wasn't particularly tall, but there weren't very many people in the station. I could see almost everyone and he was not there. I sighed, pulling out my phone. Thank god there was a service here. Figures, I'm gone for two weeks and they forget to pick me up. And to think I missed them, I mean really where is-

"SURPRISE!" I am swept off my feet. Three familiar faces tackling me to the ground with a hug. I scream instinctively, and then break into laughter, struggling to break away from their tight hold.

"You guys!" I exclaimed, hugging them each individually, "What are you doing here?"

"We asked dad if we could come pick you up instead. We had to scare you Junie, you should've seen your face." My brother grinned back at me, and I shook my head. Of course they did.

"So, James ruffled my hair, how much did you miss us? On a scale of my life is so empty without them to death."

"Shut up." I groaned, shouldering my trunk as I tried to shove my brother.

"Awww we know you missed us Junie." Leo nudged me cheekily.

"You love us." Charlie, James, and Leo beamed back at me. Those stupid boys. I felt a sharp twist in my gut when I realized there was a face missing. An empty space where another should be.

"Where's Lupin?" I murmured softly, already knowing the answer.

"Oh, I see the boys faces fall slightly, er..." Leo rubs the back of his neck awkwardly, "Erm- well we wanted him to come, but he...er- thought it might be best if he didn't. Given your...situation."

I twisted my hands guiltily. That was what I was afraid of. It was also exactly what I didn't want to happen. I felt bad that I was causing this rift in our friend group. Any other year and Teddy would've been right here with them, helping to scare me. Then again, if it had been any other year, I wouldn't have gone to Paris, and I was glad I had.

"Will you two just kiss and makeup already?" James asked sulkily, "Have you thought about how inconvenient this is for me?"

"Yeah Junie, James is the real victim here." Charlie teased and I rolled my eyes.

"I can't believe I actually missed you."

"I knew it!" Leo crowed triumphantly, pumping his fist in the air, "Now on to more important questions, what did you bring us from France?"

As we waited in line to use the fireplace the boys tore apart my luggage, "Hey!" I reprimanded, crossing my arms, "Who says I brought you anything?"

Leo, Charlie, and James gasped with hurt, looking at me with big puppy dog eyes. I almost laughed out loud. I forgot how fun it was to mess with them. "Calm down, I'm only joking. I've got presents for the whole family. But!" I smacked their hands away, "You have to wait til we get home."

They grumbled and whined loudly. James and. Charlie were first up at the fireplace, Leo hung back. He whispered in my ear, "So what is the whole situation with Teddy? He's been rather tight lipped about it."

"I'll tell you later." I whispered back, "But I'm going to talk to him. Is he gonna be at the house?"

"I dunno, Leo shrugged, we were all there earlier, before we came to get you."

We ventured towards the fireplace, watching James and Charlie disappear in the green flames. I picked up my own handful of ash, "Home!" And in an instant, I was there. Right back where I belonged. Mum, Dad, Vanessa, and Calista were there to greet me at the gate.