- H E A R T T O H E A R T -

Juniper shimmied her jeans up her thighs. Twisting and turning in front of the mirror, she debated whether to wear her hair up or down. She had to admit, she looked pretty fantastic. Jeans resting snugly on her hips, and the tie back shirt that showed just the tiniest sliver of her torso. Juniper decided to leave her hair down, shrugging her leather jacket on and picking her shoes up in her hands.

Quietly, she tiptoed down the stairs, praying she'd make it to the kitchen exit without incident. See- Juniper hadn't exactly told her parents she was going to a party with Vivian. Or that there was a party at all. It would be different if it was just Harry, but her mum would definitely have something to say about it.

Thankfully, the boys were at Charlie's, so she was safe on that front. She just had to manage not to run into anyone- else.

"And just where are you going?"

Juniper stopped in her tracks, wheeling around to find her sister, leaning smugly against the counter. "Er- to Charlie's?"

"Dressed like that?" Vanessa arched a suspicious eyebrow, eyes flicking up and down over Juniper's outfit.

"Well-"

"Is that also why you're carrying your shoes?"

Juniper winced, hiding the pair of boots behind her back hastily, "Ness-" She pleaded, "I swear I'll do anything- just don't-"

"Relax, Junie." Vanessa giggled, "I'm not telling Mum or Dad, they're over at Aunt Gin and Uncle Matt's anyways. You're in the clear."

"Thank godric." Juniper sighed in relief.

"Frankly, I'm impressed." Vanessa said, "I didn't think you had the balls."

Juniper swatted her sister on the arm, "Ness!"

"You know what I mean!" Vanessa rolled her eyes, "You're badass obviously, you're related to me, duh. But we both know that usually you'd rather spend time holed up with those smelly testosterone socks you call friends." She winked as Juniper stifled a laugh. "You look hot by the way."

"I know, right." Juniper smirked, doing a little twirl.

Vanessa got a sneaky smile on her face, "So hot, in fact, that I think you should ask Viv to pick you up a few houses to the left. You know, so no one will see you at the McGonagall's. This, of course, means you'll have to walk past the Weasley's house. And I know that Charlie's window faces to the street, so maybe- just maybe a certain someone will see you looking fit tonight, and regret his entire existence."

Juniper grinned, shaking her head. She knew Vanessa knew. "Sounds like a fantastic plan."

"Doesn't it?" Vanessa lifted her shoulder nonchalantly, "Just off the top of my head here."

Juniper bit her lip, "I love you, Nessa." She hugged her sister tightly.

"Eeaurggh!" Vanessa struggled against Juniper's embrace, "You had to ruin it."

"It's ok. I know you love me too." Juniper pinched her sister's cheek, patting her head.

"Yuck." Vanessa poked out her tongue, "Now get your arse out of here!"

"Ness-"

Her sister raised a finger to her lips, "Not a word to Mum and Dad, promise. Have fun."

"I'll do my best."

"And Juniper?" Vanessa called out, as Juniper swung the door open.

"Yeah?"

"Snog some boys."

"Yes ma'am." Juniper saluted, waving goodbye to her sister and creeping out the front gate.

She held her head high, walking past the Weasley home, and she noted with pride the light that flicked on in the second floor bedroom. Once she was safely inside Viv's car she zipped up her boots, securing her seatbelt. Viv was a horrible driver.