- S U M M E R PT. 1 -

Juniper rolled over, fumbling for her glasses on the bedside table. The birds tweeted annoyingly high pitched outside her balcony window, and she had half a mind to chuck one of Rory's massive books at them. Dark circles rimmed her eyes, it had been a late night...to say the least. There had been quite a few of those since their return home, given that Teddy was literally right in the next room.

Hey, they'd been careful! Mostly... Charlie may have had to cover for them, two mornings ago when they both fell asleep on the attic couch. And Juniper was forever grateful for Rory's adept Glamour charm, keeping the numerous hickeys Teddy gave her well concealed.

He was just so hard to resist. He looked...how he looked, and that alone was enough to make Juniper weak in the knees. But he was also constantly whispering things in her ear, sweet compliments, teasing comments, dirty remarks...very dirty. Teddy knew exactly was he did to her too, milked it for all it was worth when they were in a situation where she couldn't rip off his shirt and kiss him right there. Juniper hated him. Him and his little smirk, the naughty gleam of his eye, how he smiled at her.

She yawned, rolling her neck around, littered with love bites from the previous night. Teddy marked her with such tenderness, and yet with so much fire. Juniper didn't think she'd ever truly been kissed, until she'd been kissed by Teddy.

Her eyes adjusted to the light as she swung her legs out of bed, walking over to the mirror above her dresser so she could twist her hair into a careless bun. Juniper didn't feel like changing out of her pajamas to go get a cup of coffee from downstairs. If there even was coffee. Her father preferred tea, and accurate to Juniper's suspicions, her mother had left for a mission a couple of days ago.

She hoped there was coffee. She needed at least one cup before taking a shower, she was going to need it too, today was shaping up to be a long day. Since most of them weren't of age yet, damn summer birthdays, they had to take the Knight Bus to the beach house. Which was quite a lengthy trip, and as you might have guessed, Juniper had not started packing yet.

After she'd gotten her coffee, she went back upstairs to take a shower, which hopefully was free. She hated sharing a bathroom with her brother, she really did. He was probably working out though, or out for a run, something health conscious and boring.

"Ness!" she called from the bathroom, unable to find a towel, "where are the fucking towels?"

"I don't have yours!" Vanessa yelled back. "I couldn't take a shower because someone was using up all the water pressure in my bathroom!" James, it had to be James. "Are you sure it's not dirty?"

"No! I could've sworn I just washed it!" Juniper mulled to herself. Doing her own laundry was a necessity in the Potter house. In a family with four children, plus any frequent guests like Teddy or their cousins, the hampers were chronically full. And you basically wore whatever you could find- or more ilke steal. Half of Juniper's wardrobe was stuff she knicked off her brothers or cousins, and with basic necessities, like washcloths or towels, if you weren't careful you'd lose them.

"Ugh!" Juniper groaned, searching the steamy room for anything she could use to dry herself.

"What's up Junie?" Rory's voice echoed from behind the door, questioning. She'd gotten up several hours earlier, already packed and ready to go in her typical Rory fashion. Hair pulled back in a claw clip, she was even partly dressed, wearing dark blue athletic leggings and a cream tank top. Comfortable, functional, yet pretty. Everyhing Rory was.

"I DON'T HAVE A TOWEL!" Juniper shouted in frustration, shaking her damp curls.

"One sec, babes!" Rory replied, heading to the opposite bathroom across the hall to see if there was one in there. She skidded slightly on the smooth hardwood floors, her pink socks not providing much traction, also trying to simultaneously put her earrings in without stabbing herself.