PROLOGUE

before we begin i just wanna say that this story will mainly focus on juniper potter, and will mostly be from a narrator's perspective

sometimes it will switch povs to diff characters and I will let yk when that happens, if you've read obscene by -babynaomi , then it's kind of like that, and if you haven't, go read it because it's awesome.

september, 2011

"Juniper! James!" Their mother called from downstairs, "Come down here now! I do not want to have to ask again! The train leaves in an hour and your father and I have work to do!"

"Coming mum!" James yelled back, still in his pyjamas.

"Mummy's boy!" Juniper teased as James stuck his tongue out at her. The dark haired girl looked for her favorite socks but couldn't find them. "Where are my socks? James have you seen them?"

Her brother snickered, sending a devious smile her way. She knew what that meant.

"James what did you do with my socks?!" she growled, scowling.

"I don't have the faintest idea what you're talking about."

"The purple ones James! They were right here and now..." Her eyes traveled past the muddy paw prints that lead under her bed. She gasped, looking beneath to find her precious purple socks eaten beyond belief.

"MUM!" Juniper roared, storming down the stairs barefoot, "JAMES FED MY SOCKS TO HIS STUPID DOG!"

James ran after her, stumbling down the stairs as he tried to tie his shoe simultaneously, "I only did it because your stupid owl defecated in my underwear drawer on-"

Juniper stifled a laugh at the memory, silently thanking her beautiful snowy owl.

James pointed a finger at her accusingly, "SEE MUM SHE'S LAUGHING AT ME!"

"I ONLY HAD STAR DO THAT BECAUSE YOU TURNED MY HAIR PINK!"

"WELL YOU TOOK ALL OF MY-"

"AND YOU-"

"ENOUGH!" Miranda screeched, rubbing her head tiredly. "We don't have the time, and I don't have the energy for this today. Your baby sister had a bad dream last night and kept your father and I up all night, and we are out of coffee!" Their mother inhaled ferociously, "Here's what we are going to do. Junie, go get a a pair of new socks and contain your owl. James please refrain from feeding things to Fleamont. I will give you exactly one minute to get back down here, completely, and I do mean completely ready for the train. If you are not packed, I'm looking at you James, that is not my problem right now. Do you understand me?" She looked at her children sternly.

"Mummy!" A chubby bundle of brown curls flew into the room, hugging her mother's legs, Harry followed closely behind.

"Hello my sweet girl, where did you and Daddy go this morning?"

"An adventure!" Calista exclaimed proudly, "Daddy said it was an important mission!" Miranda smiled as Harry handed her a cup of coffee, kissing her on the cheek.

"That's right Cali girl, a very important mission." Harry winked at Miranda.

"Well Daddy was right about that." Miranda laughed as she mouthed thank you to Harry, who merely shrugged.

"I figured you'd need it," said her husband, wrapping a steadying arm around her waist.

Miranda sighed, "I love you so much."

"Are you talking to me or the coffee?" asked Harry wryly, raising a bemused eyebrow.

She blew him a kiss, "Can't it be both?"