- F U C K E D -

heads up before we begin****
this is the events of lake house but form teddys perspective

happy reading!!

teddy's pov:

I think I'm having a heart attack. Is this what heart attacks feel like? Because holy mother of Merlin, Juniper was- I mean I'd always thought she was beautiful. Her eyes especially, that's what any guy would notice, friend stuff you know. But now, now, it's a whole other level. I could feel my breath catch in the back of my throat when I saw her walk down those stairs, what in the world had happened this summer? I couldn't stop staring at her legs, why can't I stop staring at her legs?! Is she- is this- is she doing this on purpose? Just to mess with me? Because bloody hell it was working. Her raven hair piled on top of her head like that, the curly strands wisping out from the top,  the strip of bare skin I can see peeking out between her shorts and the navy camisole. She's tan, when did that happen? Are british people even allowed to be tan? Whatever the case it's really working for her. What is happening? Am I physically ok? It's Juniper, Junie, Potter, your best friend. This is normal right? Normal that Juniper in a camisole makes it hard for me to think straight. Normal that I want to run my hands through her hair. Normal that I want to lace my fingers through hers and never let go.

This is normal. Please tell me this is normal. She's my friend. My best friend. This isn't happening. I've never wanted a relationship before. Never craved another's attention like this. Most of them came to me, and even then the idea of committing myself to someone in that way, seemed much too complex. But right now all I can think about is how simple it would be to take her hand and pull her into my body. To tuck that wayward strand of hair behind her ear.

She said my name. Now she's hugging me. She's talking to me. What is she saying? I have to answer her. What did she say? I opened and close my mouth like a fucking trout. What is happening? What is happening? Oh James! James! Thank god you're here buddy. I can hear Junie and Leo whispering about us in the background. Who cares? James saved me.

I missed all of them this summer. It's actually kind of sad how lonely I am without them. "Thank god you're back mate." I said, "I don't know how much more of Leo's incessant reading I could take. I'm suffering from Quidditch withdrawal, of course Charlie's been in bloody Romania all summer."

"Romania was fucking awesome." The screen door shut with a crash, "Dragons are badass. " Charlie strolled into the kitchen, sporting a variety of burns up and down his forearm.

"Oh my Godric, what the fuck happened to you?" Juniper gasped, as we all crowded around him.

"Eh, Charlie said airily, brushing us off, it's just a few scars."

"Aunt Mione's going to kill you." Juniper told him, pressing her lips together. She was probably right.

"Don't you have press pictures for the election in like a week?" I queried, furrowing my brow. Rita Skeeter was going to have a bloody field day with that.

Charlie paled at the thought, "There's glamour charms..."

"Dude,  James whistled lowly as we made our way back up the stairs, Junie's right she's gonna send the birds after you."

"Since when did James start saying dude?" I murmured in Juniper's ear. Her hair smelled nice. Like lilies. STOP SMELLING HER HAIR YOU CREEP! At least I was actually speaking to her now.

"He picked it up in California." She whispered back, "Expect to hear lots of bros, chills, legits, and cools in the next few days." She warned, and I laughed.

"How was California?"

"It was good, great actually." She began enthusiastically. I had to admit I was a little hurt she'd had such good time. I expected her to miss me at least a little.