- M A K E M E -

⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ MATURE CONTENT AHEAD⚠️

junipers pov:

I was freaking out. Really freaking out. But like in a really exciting way? If that makes sense. I don't know if it makes sense. Nothing is really making sense right now. And I'm kind of ok with it. Ok, I'm really okay with it.

Teddy kissed me. He kissed me.

It wasn't in my head. I wasn't overthinking. I wasn't building it up in my mind. I was right. There was tension. There was heat. There was something different between me and Teddy. Something that had been building since the summer. I wasn't asleep. I wasn't dreaming. I was fully awake. I could still feel his lips on mine, the firmness of his chest, pulling me close, closer.

My heart was still racing, my mind veering off into a million different directions as I posed for a picture and pretended like it was just a normal night. That Teddy hadn't just kissed me. Teddy had kissed me. Several times actually. And I'd kissed him right back.

I felt fizzy, a tingly buzz at my fingertips. I took deep, calming breaths as I headed back to my dorm. I needed to keep a clear head. I needed to not think about Teddy grabbing my hand and kissing me like his life depended on it. I probably should have stopped it. That would've been the smart thing to do. He was my best friend. It could get messy, fast. But there was this need, this hunger, with Teddy. Nothing like I'd ever experienced. I was magnetically drawn to him. And now that the dam had been burst, the flood that followed was not going to stop anytime soon. So maybe I just needed to let it carry me along. It certainly didn't feel like I was drowning. Kissing Teddy was like coming up for fresh air.

I sighed, trudging up the stairs. I felt a tug on my wrist, and let out a muffled yelp, dragged into a boys' dorm. "Teddy!" I whispered, as he shut the door to his door quietly, "What-"

He pressed a finger to my lips, "Muffliato." He murmured, "They're dead asleep the common room, but better safe than sorry right?" Teddy's finger was still on my mouth, and he removed it softly, setting his gaze on me, "Hi."

"Hi." I bit my lip, suddenly shy.

"You nervous?" Teddy asked, lacing his fingers through mine.

I frowned, how did he know? "Why-."

"You always do the lip biting thing when you're nervous. Or thinking." Teddy smirked. Mere inches separated us, his hand warm in mine. Anticipation hums in my heart, beating out a staccato rhythm. "It drives me insane."

I smiled, blush rising to my cheeks. He's leaning nearer to me. "Sorry."

"So thinking or nervous?" Teddy leaned in even closer, dragging his tongue along his bottom lip.

"Both." I answered. I flushed, ducking my head to escape that intense eye contact that was making me want to do some very unholy things with that damn tongue of his.

Teddy was faster. He tilted my chin up softly, stare unrelenting, "Are we friends, Junie?"

"Always." I nodded, chest rising and falling frantically. And I was telling the truth. But we both knew there was something bigger here. There was attraction now. We'd crossed that thin line we'd been toeing all year. And yes, it was casual. We were best friends first. I'd- we'd agreed there'd be no drama, no commitment, no strings, no heartbreak. That way our friendship could remain intact.

But.

Could we go back? I wasn't sure. And I wasn't sure I wanted to, either.

"We're on the same page then?" He raised an eyebrow, one hand dangerously and exhilaratingly close to my arse.