Induction

It's March 2001, Roger, Brian, Amelia and Jer are in New York attending the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceremony. Queen is finally being inducted into it and Amelia has been permitted to have a four day weekend so she can attend it with them.

Foo Fighters, Taylor and Dave introduce Brian and Roger and everyone cheers for them as they walk on stage. Roger is first to speak, "Thank you. We're um... very overwhelmed and delighted to be here. We've had a lot of ups and downs in our career and this is certainly a big up. It means more than all the Grammys we never got," The room chuckles at his poke.

"And um... it's great to be here in New York after all this time, I'm going hand you over to Brian," He stands aside and Brian takes the mic.

"Ladies and Gentlemen and members of the board, we'd like to thank you for voting us into this company. We feel very proud um... thank you to the people of America for taking us to your hearts over the last 30 years. Thank you to all those people who helped us along the way to get to this point, you know who you are and we didn't get here without the most fantastic team in the world."

Brian looks behind him briefly, "Thank you to Taylor and Dave for making us look cool tonight. We're a little sad that Freddie and John can't be with us but they both send their love, we have a little surprise for you. Which Roger is going to tell you about and we hope you don't mind."

They switch places again, "This is a surprise but Freddie's mother Jer and his daughter Amelia are here tonight and we'd love them to accept his award in place of him."

The whole room stands applauding them and Amelia helps her Grandma to the stage and up the steps, Jer takes Freddie's award while Amelia holds John's. The four stand for a picture before they head back to their table.

Queen performed later that evening and Amelia loved every minute of it, she went to bed that night thinking of her dad.

------

White light blinds her vision but her eyes adjust quickly and she knows just where she is. Looking around frantically she couldn't see him, "Dad!" She calls out.

"I'm here," His voice came from behind and she spins around beaming, racing into his waiting arms, "You've got taller," He muses looking her up and down.

"I'm 16 in two weeks," She informs.

"16! Heavens so that means it's been..." He works out the maths in his head but Amelia gets there first.

"Ten years in November. A lot has changed since I last saw you."

"Then tell me everything, I want to hear it all," They sit one the same bench as last time, "How's ArtsEd?"

"You saw that?" That's the one part of her life that she wanted his proper opinion on, not just a letter though it did help.

"I did and I think you were right to pick ArtsEd over RADA, ArtsEd is much more you style. I'm so proud of you, you're going to go far I can feel it. How are the others?"

"Um... Queen has been inducted into the Rock 'N' Roll hall of fame today. Grandma accepted your award in your place and I collected Uncle Deaky's."

"Mama on stage," He laughs to himself, "Deaky retired then?"

"Yeah 1997, I gave him the letter."

He kisses her forehead, "Good girl."

Amelia leans into his hold as he rakes his finger through her hair, "Brian's married to Anita, they got married last year and Roger became a new dad again, he has five kids now."