Hollywood

R.I.P to the Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Philip

Saturday evening before they go to California Gwilym want to bond a little with Freddie so he does the bedtime routine instead of Amelia letting her get an early night, "Got everything?" He asks the boy tucking him in as Prince curls up beside him.

"Yes... oh wait, Tigger," Freddie points to the teddy on the floor, Gwilym grabs it and tucks it under the covers next to him.

He then sits on the floor next to the bed, "Can I ask you something, buddy?" Freddie nods and he continues, "Are you happy for me to be with your mum?"

"Yeah, I like you and mummy is even happier now we're a three family. I like having a dad," Freddie speaks honestly fussing Prince then he sits up wide-eyed, "Oh mum said I shouldn't call you that yet."

Gwilym couldn't stop the beaming smile that spread across his lips, "You wouldn't mind if I became your dad then?"

"No I don't mind, mummy said my bio-bi-biological dad wasn't a very nice man and I don't want a mean dad, I want a cool, kind one like you. But mum says I have to wait to call you dad so I don't make you uncomfortable."

"Well I'm planning to ask your mum to marry me but you have to keep it a secret, can you do that for me?"

"Yes, I'm good at secrets when are you going to ask her?"

"In the week when me and mummy are in California, I have something planned. If your mum says yes I will discuss with her about you calling me dad if that's what you want? But after we come back from California and not before."

"Really you don't mind? I don't want to make you uncomfortable."

"It won't buddy but remember this is a secret you can't tell her or anyone else, not even Nanny okay?"

"My lips are sealed," He zips his lips smiling settling back down under the covers. Gwilym turns off the bedside lamp and stands to leave the room, "Night Gwil."

"Goodnight Freddie," He smiles pulling the door to. Padding down the hall to their room Amelia is already asleep.

Quietly going about getting ready for bed he climbs under the covers pulling her back to his chest so he's spooning her. He spent a couple of minutes just studying at her, taking in how peaceful she looks before settling down himself.

------

Sat on the plane waiting for take-off Amelia clutches Gwilym's hand, "How have you survived all these plane journeys if you don't like flying?" He asks trying not to laugh at the fear on her face.

"I don't know but I still hate them," She snaps as the plane takes off, "Your meant to be distracting me."

"You can hold my hand if it makes you feel better. I'll do a better job than him," Joe pipes up from her other side and she grips his hand, "Ow that was a joke," She doesn't loosen her grip so he prays for his hand, "You guys are going to need a new bassist."

Arriving in California early evening, Amelia and Joe couldn't be more relieved. She let go of his hand during the main fight but upon landing, she reattached her vulture-like grip, "I am not sitting next to you on the way back," Joe grumbles as they head for baggage claims.

"I'm sorry," Amelia kisses his cheek in apology brushing past him to catch up with Gwilym.

Gwilym wraps his arm around her shoulder once they have their bags walking towards the taxi station kissing her forehead, "You okay now, babe?"

She smiles leaning into his side, "Yeah it's just take-off and landing that I hate."

Gwilym and Amelia take a taxi with Rami and Lucy while Ben, Joe and Allen take the one behind, "Feel good to be home Rami?" Amelia asks him admiring the view out the window.