Visits

An early morning update because I won't have time later, enjoy.

After deciding to take Amelia to meet her grandparents, Freddie is attempting to bath her. He would never tell anyone this but he'd been putting off bathing her for a week, yes he's cleaned her with washcloths and wipes but he with scared to bath her encase it goes wrong.

He fills the small baby bath before removing her babygrow and nappy lowering her into the warm water. As he does this Amelia focuses intently on the little rubber duck in her hands trying to gum at it until her feet touch the water and she stiffens dropping the duck, her eyes look at him full of panic.

Her slow breaths become rapid and she starts to cry, the cry is a scared one. He pulls her back to him rubbing her back soothingly and she calms down. Needing to bath her, he tries again but the same thing happens, she must be scared of water.

He tries a different approach lowering her down once again her cries increase until he starts humming and her focus turns away from the water onto him.

Though it seems to be working, she is still tense so he starts singing lightly and she relaxes all together. He chuckles, "That's better hum... you just wanted me to sing didn't you?" he coos pouring the water over her body grabbing a small amount of shampoo and massages it into her scalp then rinses it with water careful not to get it in her eyes.

He continues to sing as he washes her body until he brings her out of the water, wrapping her in a soft towel. He dries her off applying a fresh nappy and babygrow snapping the poppers shut, bringing her back against his chest to kiss her cheek and she giggles at the feel of his tickle moustache.

It is the sweetest sound he has ever heard he repeats the action a few more times raising more and more giggles until she smacks her lips together telling him she is hungry, "My clever girl," He beams feeding her before dressing her in a cute green dress with foxes on it.

------

Arriving at his old London home, he walks straight in like normal "Mama?" he calls through the quiet living room.

"In the kitchen Beta," Wandering through he finds her putting something in the oven, "This is an unexpected visit," she starts setting her timer, "What brings..." she stops dead in her tracks seeing Amelia in his arms she gasps quietly, "Freddie? Who is this?"

"Mama, I want you to meet your granddaughter, Amelia," He smiles nervously awaiting his mother's reaction, "Are Papa and Kash here?"

Jer continues to stare at the baby but answers his question, "Your father should be home from work soon and I just sent Kash to the shop on the corner, she won't be too long. But a granddaughter Freddie? How? You're not with anyone."

"I know Mama, it's complicated but she is biologically my daughter. Her mother sadly passed away a couple of weeks ago so I took her in."

Moving from her frozen spot, Jer peers into the blanket wrapped around the infant, "Amelia did you say?"

"Yes, Amelia May Mercury," He smiles placing his daughter into his mother's arms and she beams.

Adjusting her arms Jer rocks the sleeping baby, "She is precious. I may not have expected it to happen like this but I have been waiting for a grandchild. But I must ask, you sure you're up to the task? Raising a baby takes a lot of work."

"Yes, I'm sure. She's only been with me for two weeks but I've got used to looking after her, I would feel odd not to now and I love her." He likes having to get up and looking after her, he has another propose besides music.

They hear the front door open and a close, Kash and Bomi arriving home together. Jer smiles at her son, "Let me do the talking Beta."

He nods following his mother into the living room. Kash gasps but like his wife Bomi freezes stern expiration firmly on his face, "Freddie has brought our granddaughter to meet us, dear."

Jer places Amelia in Bomi's arms and his stern face slips away. Readjusting the girl in his arms a small smile rests on Bomi's lips, "Where's her mother?"

"She passed away Papa."

"I assume there is more to the story but I don't need to know as long as you know she that is a big responsibility."

This is the best reaction Freddie could have hoped for, "I know Papa."

"Then I will say no more on the matter. You didn't tell me her name?"

"Amelia, papa."

"A pretty name," Kash beams leaning over her father's arm to have a look at her niece, "Did you pick it?"

"No her mother did but I think it suits her," Freddie relaxes now that his family approve of her. He joins them in fawning over his daughter with the rest of them.

------

With live aid, just a few weeks away the band has a meeting that afternoon to discuss the setlist and Freddie is taking Amelia with him. Freddie rushes into the meeting late as usual Amelia on his hip, "Sorry I'm late darlings, Mama didn't want to let her go."

Brian beams holding his hands out to take hold of her, "I can see why. What a cute dress," he coos tapping her nose lightly.

Miami coughs from the side of the room to remind them that he is there, "Is anyone going to tell me what is going on?"

"Oh, you haven't been introduced yet, Miami this is my daughter Amelia." Freddie takes Amelia from Brian and passes her to Miami.

Holding her on his lap Miami thought the singer was joking, "Freddie you can't just pick up a random child off the streets and call her your daughter. Where did you get her from?"

"He's telling the truth Miami, Milly is his daughter, a DNA test confirmed it," Roger assures him.

Miami hums smiling at the girl as she shyly hides her face, "I can see the resemblance," keeping the girl secure in his lap they get on with the meeting.

The last people to meet Amelia are the two people Freddie cares most about, Mary and Jim. He invited Mary round for dinner that evening and she immediately dotes on the girl.

As for Jim, he needs to make more of an effort. Their relationship has only just begun but he would understand if throwing Amelia into the mix would put him off. Jim is quite startled to see the pair on his doorstep the next day.

He invites them in and Freddie sets his daughter down on her play mat while Freddie explains everything to Jim.

"She's very sweet," Jim smiles down at the little girl, "It must have felt so sudden to have her change your world like that?"

"It was but I love you and I wouldn't give her up for anything. However, I can understand if it changes things between us. I know we've been taking it slow but you have to know that she comes as part of that deal now. You have to accept both of us or not at all," He rumbles, nervous that Jim won't want this relationship now.

"Freddie," Jim silences him, "I understand and it doesn't change anything for me. She's your priority now and I get that, I should like to get to know both of you."

Freddie smiles, "Then both of us it will be. Thank you for understanding."

An abrupt ending but oh well.