Visitors

Family visits had been very few in the two weeks after coming back from the hospital, the only visits she's had are from Jer and Kash, who adore little Freddie. Jer cried hearing his name. And the other visit was from Debbie and Dominique with Tigerlily, Lola and Felix.

She knew her family were being considerate to give her time to get used to being a mum before bombarding them with visitors. Brian and Anita have been amazing in helping her with changes and bottle feeds and they have him in their room once a week so she can get a good nights sleep.

It's the beginning of their third week at home and Amelia is on the floor in the living room with Freddie for tummy time. "Oh, what's this?" She whispers shaking the rattle that Jer brought him, in front of his face getting him to follow it with his eyes and reach for it.

He's learnt to hold his head up for a short amount of time and is starting to push himself up with his arms, his eyesight is getting better too.

"Good boy," She praises kissing his cheek when he pushes himself up reaching for the toy, making him coo at her.

The doorbell goes, Amelia went to get up but Anita came out of the kitchen, "I've got it, love."

Amelia waits till she hears two familiar male voices and gasps, "I think we have visitors," She picks him up settling him against her chest supporting his head.

They head to the door and she was right, stood in the hallway removing their coats and chatting with Anita is Elton John and David Bowie, "Well this is a surprise," She grins walking over to greet them, "You'll have to forgive the pyjama's."

"Not to worry, that sort of stuff goes out the window for the first few months," Elton smiles hanging his coat up.

"I'm surprised you came all the way from New York, David."

"I was coming over anyway and I still would have even if I wasn't. Can I?" He holds his hands out to take Freddie. Amelia grins handing Freddie over.

"Would you like a coffee?" Anita asks them, going to the kitchen when they nod.

"He's very alert for a newborn," David smiles the boy's eyes are open looking around and at him.

"At least one of us is," Amelia chuckles, "No, he always is around this time of day. But he's a good baby, he sleeps well at night waking a few times to be feed and changed then go straight back down. He only cries if he wants or needs something, other than that he's content to sit in his bouncy chair or sleep while me, mum or Brian are busy."

"And how are you finding being a Grandma, Anita?" Elton asks as she comes back with a tray of mugs.

Anita smiles setting the tray down on the coffee table, "Oh he's a joy to have in the house, I love it. I'll miss him once they go to the Lodge."

David hands Freddie over to Elton, "You moving back into the Lodge then?"

"Yes, after everything that happened with..." Amelia skips over his name leaning forward to grab her mug, "I sold the flat because I couldn't stand to be in there and when I found out I was having Freddie, I figured now was the right time. Freddie and I will move in the new year, all the renovation work should be finished by the end of October."

Phoebe took over everything to do with the house so she doesn't have to stress, he's sorted the staff she needed for the house too and she'll meet them in November.

She's also meeting Adam in November, he's coming over to England for a few days before he goes to Belfast with Brian and Roger for the Europe MTV Music Awards.

When Freddie starts to become fussy she gets his bottle from the kitchen, heating it up before heading back through and taking Freddie back from Elton. His fussing settles down once he starts feeding, happy to be back in his mum's arms, hand around her finger while he feeds as always.