Her visit

5 years later-

Hey, guys. Remember me? Shawn Mendes? Yeah, hey. Well, life for the past five years has been... ok, I guess. Jake is 5 and he's really smart. He looks up to all the guys. They all play a huge roll in his life. We all still talk to eachother and hand out every now and then if we're not busy.

Jake looks just like me. But, instead of brown eyes, he has blue. The only feature she gave to him. Jake has been on a few tracks with me in the studio. He was in Nash's recent film as the little brother. We are in the car, on our way to visit his mother. Today would have been her birthday. I miss her so much.

"Hey, dad?"

"Yeah, Jakey?"

"What did mom look like?"

I sigh. "Your mother was beautiful. The face of an angel. Brown, straight hair that went past her shoulders. Blue eyes with green surrounding the pupils. I love your mother very much."

"I wish I could have met her."

"She loved you, Jake. She told me, even before we knew for sure, that you would be a boy and look like me with her eyes. You have your mothers eyes."

We pull up to the cemetery and Jake walks right over to it. He kneels down and places a hand on the stone. "Hi, mommy. Dad told me that today was your birthday. I really hope you're having a good time at your party in heaven. I love you." He kisses the palm of his hand and touches the stone again. What an angel. He stands up and stands by me. "Your turn."

I walk over to my wife's tombstone, kneel down and touch the rock. "Hey, babe. Happy birthday. I miss you a lot." I feel tears prick my eyes. "You will always be my soul mate. I love you so much, Lex. When my time comes, I'll be looking for you at the gate." I kiss my hand and touch the stone. Jake comes back over to the site and lays down some flowers. "We love you."

"Daddy?"

"Yeah, bud?"

"You member that show we saw on the tv where a boy saw dead people?"

"Yeah?"

"And member you told me what mommy looked like before we got here?"

"Yeah?"

"I know what she looks like."

"What do you mean?"

He walks around his mothers stone and stops infront of me on the other side. A chill runs down my spine. "Don't freak out, daddy." what the hell? He looks past me and smiles. "She loves and misses you too, Shawn." How does Jake know my name is Shawn. As far as I know, nobody has told him that was my name. "Mommy was buried in a blue dress." What? He looks and smiles at me. "You can't see her can you?"

"What are you talking about, son? How do you know all of this?"

"You can't hear her?" He frowns. "She's right beside you."

"Jake-"

"She's shorter than you. Brown straight hair that goes past her shoulders. Her eyes aren't blue like you said. They're more like a grayish color. She's skinny." He smiles again. "She does look like an angel, daddy."

A tear runs down my cheek. "You see her?" He nods his head. I turn to my left and see no one. "Is she still here?"

"Yes. She's telling you that she loves you. Her hand is on your... uh... this thing." he pats his shoulder."

"I love you too, Lexi. So much."

"Hey, daddy?"

"Yeah?"

"She's gone. Where did she go?"

"She went back to the Angels, Jake." I turn back to my son and smile. "Let's go see Aaron."