Leaving?

"I'm about to go back to the hotel, Hayes." I say while walking somewhere.

"Just a little bit longer."

"Take this damn blindfold off of me or take me back."

"We're here." He says from behind me. He unties the blindfold and takes it off of me. He covers my eyes with his hands before I can see where we are.

"Really, Hayes?"

"Hey, you told me take off the blindfold."

"Yeah. I would like to see where we are." He removes his hands.

"Nowhere special." he says. We're by the beach. I've never seen the ocean before. The sunset is casting out over the crystal blue water. Amazing.

"It's beautiful." His arm goes around my waist. I look at him. "Thank you."

"For what?"

"Showing me the ocean when the sun is setting. I've never seen the ocean before."

He smiles. "I need to ask you something."

"Shoot."

"Well..." he looks a bit nervous. What if he asks me out? What if I freeze? What if I make a complete idiot out of myself? Pull yourself together, Brooks. "Will you go home with me?"

"I would love to go to NC with you."

He kisses my cheek. "We leave in the morning."

I hug the boy. "Thank you so much. I can't take Aaron anymore. He's such a dick and I try to be the good kid. It's hard being around guys that like me. I can't help what happens. Even Taylor pissed me off today."

"As long as you're with me, I won't let anything happen to you. I'll stick up for you." He pulls out of the hug and looks into my eyes. "I promise."

I kiss the boy. "Thank you."

"Stop thanking me and lets go get your bag packed. I just wanted to show you the sunset. Then Nash asked me if I wanted to take you home."

"We can still watch the sunset. I'm not going to sleep tonight anyway."

He sits down and reaches for my hand. I take his and sit next to him. "Why won't you sleep?"

"Stress. Me knowing Im going to NC without Aaron. I haven't been without him since..... well a long time ago. I haven't trusted anyone but him." I look at hayes. "He technically saved my life."

"So, are you saying you don't trust me?"

"I don't really know you, Hayes."

"Well, my full name is Hayes Benjamin Grier. I was born June 8th, 2000. I have a half sister named Skylynn. My moms name is Elizabeth. I have an older brother named Will. My dads name is Chad. My mom and dad are separated. I spend more time with my mom than my dad. Same with Nash. I'm the youngest here. I play football and lacrosse." He keeps telling me things about him. We have things in common. "And I'm single. I haven't had a real relationship before." There's silence. "Your turn."

"Well my full name is Alexis Nicole Brooks. I'm 15. I was born July 8th, 1999. I'm an only child. I like to play Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Football and Tennis. Lacrosse seems hard so i never tried it. Go ahead and laugh at me." We both laugh. "I have a dark past that only Aaron and his mom, Becky, know about. I've known him since i was three. I don't have many friends back in Louisiana. My favorite colors are red, black, blue, green and purple in that order. I have a cat named Mustache. She's my baby. One of my best friends is Austin Mahone. I know Justin Bieber. I-"