Meeting the family

"Hey." Someone says in my ear. "Lex. Wake up. We have to get our bags and find my brother." he shakes me. "Babe, come on." I sit up and stretch. "Morning. Now come on." he takes my hand and we get off the plane. We go to baggage claim and get our suitcases. Hayes tugs my hand as he runs. I can't keep up with him and trip. "I'm so sorry."

"Im clumsy. It's ok."

He helps me up and we walk. He stands infront of a taller fellow. "How are you?" he hugs the man.

"I'm good. Who's this beautiful young woman you tripped, buddy?"

Hayes puts a hand on my lower back right above my butt. "This is Lexi."

"Hi, Lexi. I'm Will."

"I've heard some good things. It's nice to finally meet you."

"You too. Between Hayes and Nash, I know you pretty well."

"Really now?" I ask looking at hayes. His cheeks turn pink.

"Well lets get going. Mom wants to meet you."

"Alright."

Grier residence--

"Lexi!" a woman says excitedly as she runs out the door. She hugs me. "It's so nice to meet you."

"Mom." Hayes yells in a whisper.

She lets go and has a face full of shock and worry. "I'm so sorry."

"It's completely fine. It was a nice welcoming."

She smiles at me. "I'm Elizabeth."

"It's nice to meet you also. You have a lovely home."

"Thank you. Please come in." She says pushing us into the house. Once we're in she hugs Hayes. "You're growing up so fast."

"Mom. I haven't been gone for even a week."

"I know but I missed you. How's your brother?"

"He's fine." He looks at me. "You want a tour?"

"Um, sure." He takes my hand and leads me around the house. He shows me the kitchen and the living room. He takes me upstairs. He shows me a room. "This is Nash's old room. He and Cameron are moving in together." he takes me to another room. "This is my room. It's not very clean." he says throwing clothes into a pile. He takes me to another room. It has light purple walls, a huge bed and a nice sized dresser. "This is your room." I walk around in it. "Do you want me to get your suitcase?"

"I can get it."

"Ill be right back." Stubborn. I look outside the window. Theres alot of trees surrounding the yard. I might have to go for a walk later. "I'm back." I jump away from the window. He laughs at me. "Do you need help unpacking?"

"You should go unpack your suitcase."

"Ill help you." frick. He comes over and unzips it. I take out my laptop, camera and chargers. He takes out a pile of clothes and sets them on the floor beside him. I do the same. We put everything in a drawer. After an hour, we're done.

"Do you need help?"

"Is this an excuse to go into my room?"

I feel m face get warm. "N-no, I was just-"

He laughs. "Come on." he stands up and reaches for me. I take his hands and stand up. He hugs me. I hug him back. We stand there for a few minutes.

"Are you sure your mom has no problem with me being here? I mean you haven't even known me for a week."

"I know. But as you already heard, Me and my brother talk about you sometimes."