Life of the Party

"One more!"

I down the shot. That was my sixth and I can't walk straight. I feel myself smile like an idiot. "Dillon," I slur "your turn."

He stands and does six shots. He sits next to me. Everyone, accept for Hayes, Aaron, and Shawn have been drinking. Becky lets me do whatever I want, but Aaron is a different story. I've basically raised myself. I know how to cook, clean, and even drive. I've had practice. "You wanna take a walk?" Dillon slurs.

I giggle. "I guess." he smiles and takes my hand.

We walk on the sidewalk, laughing. "Are you drunk?" he slurs.

I laugh. "You are."

He smiles. "I like you."

I look up at him. "Dillon-"

"You didn't let me finish." he stumbles on the concrete. "I like you, but you could do a WHOLE lot better than us. I mean, how many have you been with?"

"What do you mean?"

"Like hooked up or dated."

"Shawn, Taylor, and Nash have kissed me. Aaron has even before I met you guys. I dated Matt and Hayes."

He licks his lips. "Can I try something and you not get mad?"

I smile at him. "Go for it. I'm fucking drunk."

He steps forward and grabs my hips. "You are so fucking pretty."

I feel my face get warm. "Thank you. You aren't so bad yourself, Mr. Rupp."

He laughs. "God." he slams his lips onto mine. Our lips fit together. Better than Hayes, Aaron and Matthews. It's almost.... perfect. My arms go around his neck as I kiss him back. I feel his beautiful smile on my lips. "Lets go somewhere."

"I can't. I have to get back."

He groans. "Lexi." He whines.

I hug him. "Don't worry. You can cuddle with me all you want."

He takes my hand and we walk back to the house. We enter the front door and smell something. "Oh my god! Who has it?"

Jack G comes over to me with a smile on his face. "Wanna hit?"

I take it from him. "That's teasing, Jack." I hit it and pass it back.

As the night goes on, more drinks are poured and more joints are rolled. Hayes went upstairs to my room to sleep. Aaron and Shawn went to the basement to play pool. The rest of us are in the living room. "Come sit by me, Lex." Nash says patting a spot next to him on the couch.

"You gotta help me up." I tell him. I've been laying on the floor for a few hours.

Nash helps me up and we sit on the couch. I put my legs over his. "You comfortable?"

"Very." I say laughing.

He smiles that angelic smile of his. Why did I have to date the boys in magcon? I feel bad. Maybe I should find someone else that they don't know. My phone rings. "Hello?"

"Hey, baby girl."

"Jamie!" All the guys look at me.

"What's goin on?"

"I'm drunk." Nash takes my phone.

"What do you want?"

"Nash-" he puts his hand over my mouth and listens. I place my hand on his. "Give it back." I say gently.

"Ill kill you. That's a promise." he hands me my phone. "If he ever gives you any problems, you tell me."

"I will." I put the phone up to my ear. "Sorry."

"Nah, it's fine. I deserve it." He sighs. "What did you say?"

"I'm drunk."

"What do you mean by drunk? Like 'Woo hoo' drunk or 'holy shit I'm drunk'?"

"Woo hoo!" all the others join in with me. I laugh. "I miss you, Jamie."

"I miss you too, sweetie. How about I take you out tomorrow?"

"I don't knowwww." I say with a smile. "It might be bad tomorrow."

"Right. Ok, then. Umm....."

"How about Thursday?"

"Sounds good. A day before school starts. I can manage."

"Shit! I forgot about school."

"Well, it starts next week. You have a little time."

"Alright. Well, I'll see you Wednesday."

"Thursday."

"Oops." We laugh. "Thursday."

"Alright, sweetie. Have fun."

"I am."

There's silence. "I-I love you." I smile to myself. "I shouldn't have said that. Goodnight, Lexi."

"Goodnight, Jamie. I-" I look at Nash. "Goodnight." I hang up.

"You still have feelings for him?"

I sigh. "I swear it's his eyes." We all laugh. "Seriously. His eyes are so beautiful. Emerald green. Dazzling as can be. You look into them, and you're trapped."

"Don't go back to him." Jack J says.

"I'm not. I don't think I could. He's changed somehow."

Jack comes over and rubs my shoulder. "There are so many more fish."

"And yet I can't catch the good one."

He smiles down at me. "You will."