Eustass Kid makes his appearance!

══════════════════

══════════════════

School, for the most part, was fairly boring.

Classes, you had it.

Drama, it was there.

And Luffy's presence was insufferable.

Especially of late.

You had no idea why he was acting like this. Was it because of your arm or was it due to something else?

Either way, you were in no mood to entertain him, mainly due to the load of work you had on your back and since October was quickly approaching, the teachers wanted to get in as many assignments as they could.

As always, the festive, spooky season brought out the rebelliousness in students. From preparing upcoming Halloween parties to purchasing costumes, there was no limit to how far they'd go to make it more successful than the year prior.

Although you enjoyed October, the first half was always a drag. Your group of friends would go out of their way to formulate a plan, and unfortunately, this year was no different. Sanji was cooking up a storm in his kitchen while Usopp was decorating his dorm room with Franky like a madman. The others, mainly you, Zoro, Chopper, and Robin, were left to hide out in their designated rooms. This was a safe haven from the Halloween-crazed fiends.

However, Nami made you and Robin promise to go out on the weekends to pick out Halloween costumes, which you reluctantly agreed to. It's not like you had a choice in the first place, especially with how she bribed you with Tonkatsu.

Other than that, your life was pretty normal, save for the times Luffy got you into another sticky situation.

__.o0O0o.__

You made your way to the university library one cloudy morning, enjoying the sights and smells the campus had to offer.

Grand Line, having recently had a downpour of rain, smelled like soil and of freshwater. The clouds hung overhead, gray and lazy, having just expelled its contents.

This was your absolute favorite type of weather. It was the kind of environment that made you want to curl up on your couch with a blanket and watch some movies.

Unfortunately though, with all the homework you were assigned, you were in no position to be lazing about.

With that in mind, you grumpily entered the library, promptly sliding into the nearest desk and pulling out the contents of your bag to prepare for the long study session ahead.

'Sociology, calculus, macroeconomics...' A tiny, monotonous voice droned in your head as you laid out your things.

You set to work at once, your head buried within the mounds of books, and an hour into your study session, you suddenly heard someone creating a racket on the other end of the library.