Brutality

══════════════════

══════════════════

Once your classes finished, you burrowed deeper into your sweater and sped back to the dorms, eager to be in the comfortable embrace of your heater.

However, when you made it back, the place was anything but warm.

In fact, you found yourself shivering in spot at the cold, dark room, your sixth sense tingling in nervousness at this foreboding atmosphere.

Something bad was about to happen, that much you knew, but you couldn't be sure of what it was.

However, that changed as soon as Pudding walked into the room with a dark look on her face. And though she appeared fine on the outside, you were immediately frozen by her eyes.

It was empty and glazed over like she had gone out drinking for the night to drown the sorrows away.

So, with a wary hand in the air, you waved but soon retracted it when she shot you a bone-chilling glare.

Shit.

It was so full of menace and unadulterated rage that you were afraid that you'd melt in your spot like the witch of the west.

Well, damn...

Why she looked that way, you didn't want to know--you didn't need to know.

It wasn't your problem anyway.

With a tight knot in your stomach, you then looked away and began to organize your own things, opting to focus on your studies rather than the bag of problems right behind you. However, you were unable to do that when you heard the creak of her bed as if she had sat right down on it.

Only moments later, when you were busying yourself with your studies, did you feel a pair of eyes on your back, cold and unrelenting as they fixed you with a deadly stare--one that immediately chilled the atmosphere again.

Why the hell was she just staring at you? Did she need something? Or... was she just doing that for the sole purpose of scaring the wits out of you, 'cuz it was working...

Wanting to find out more about her motive, with a swallow, you glanced back and warily asked, "H-How are you doing? You doing alright there?"

Instead of answering you though, she merely turned her vacant eyes away and ignored you, her face one of pure fury as she started to organize her... rather empty bag.

'Okay, then... Silence it is then.'

Disregarding her once more, you stood up from your spot and made your way to the bathroom, praying the entirety of the way that Nami would appear to break the tension. However, that was out of the question when she quietly piped her, her voice all raspy and terrifying as she questioned, "Why the hell would I be alright?"