Ride of Death

══════════════════

══════════════════

"Y/n?" You turned around to find Killer looking between you and Kid inquisitively. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh, me?" You pointed to yourself as the redhead rolled his eyes. "I came back from a sandwich run," Lifting the bag, you offered the blonde one of the subs. "Want one?" However, as you were expecting Killer to be the one to take it, you were quite surprised--and slightly fearful for your life--when Kid leaned over your shoulder and plucked it from your fingers, a crude smile on his face as he took a bite from it.

"Greasy as hell, but right up my alley."

Pushing down the spike of fear, you beamed, "From the best of the best. Bought it from a little Italian store at the heart of New York City. You're welcome to have the address if you want."

Despite the fact that this six-foot-eight of a man was looming over you with a terrifying grin on his lips, you didn't feel any fear nor any intention of putting yourself on guard. Maybe it was because you'd gotten used to his behavior--or maybe it was because of the fact that it was the weekend--but you weren't looking to fight with anyone today.

Although you weren't bothered by the huge men surrounding you, Usopp and Chopper sure were. They were practically shaking in their boots as they watched you pass several subs around, their eyes bulging from their heads when Heat scooped you up into a bear hug. You tried your best to wriggle out of it, but to no avail, and eventually sagged in defeat, allowing the other to smother you before he dropped you back on your feet. Disoriented and warm, you hobbled around before a wobbly smile appeared on your face.

"L-L-Luffy, should we go save her? I-I have my slingshot, we can get in and out in a split second."

"Nah." The ravenette shrugged before he dragged his friends to the group ahead, a broad smile on his face even as the other two thrashed in his grip, screaming and crying for mercy. "Oiii! Y/n! Jaggy!" He plopped right down in front of you and with his signature smile, he slung his arm around the red-heads neck and brought him down to eye level.

"Luffy!" Chopper shrieked.

"Fuck, I'm outta here." Usopp hightailed it out of the place with Chopper in tow, his arms pumping furiously to give him a speed boost. When they were out of sight, you refocused on the scene ahead, the knot in your throat growing ever-tighter as Luffy's face brightened.

Killer practically held in his breath as he watched the scene unfold, cringing as his friend's face grew several shades darker, his eyes obscured by the shadow of his hair.

You knew you needed to do something to deescalate the situation, so, somewhat confidently, you patted the redhead's back and reassured him that everything was going to be alright, hoping that would be enough to calm him. But in a split second, he grabbed your wrist and used the other to pin Luffy in a chokehold before a wicked look appeared on his face.