Pre-Cliffside Hangout

══════════════════

══════════════════

Pudding's long fingers clicked against the plaster of her bed as her other hand went to wrap around her phone, dialing some unimportant number as her gaze slid up at the other girl in the room. Nami stood idly by the decorated mirror near her bed, prepping her hair as she laid down a layer of crimson lipstick over her lips. As soon as she puckered them, she heard, "So, Nami~,"

The girl in pig-tails traced a pattern on the column of her bed when she asked, "Our roommate, Y/n, how long have you known her?"

' Odd, but not completely out of the norm. She might just want to get to know her better seeing as how Y/n is always busy at work.'

Nami craned her neck and scrutinized the other girl. "Ever since we first met in our freshman year of college. So, about a year, I guess? She's one of the youngest members of our group, excluding Luffy and Chopper, of course. Why do you ask?"

Pudding shrugged.

"I take it, you haven't been friends for very long then? How about the rest of the... Mugiwara's, is it?--How long have they known her?"

Nami's eyes further narrowed on the girl. Ever since she first met her, she's always had this weird taste in her mouth--like curdled milk and sickly sweet syrup. On the outside, she appeared to be quite the doll, always pulling favors with the group and coddling that idiot of a ravenette, Portgas, but she seemed to avoid you if possible. Even if her airhead of a friend, that being you, couldn't figure it out, Nami knew why. She wouldn't be the smartest girl in the group if she couldn't deduce something as simple as that. That being said, that girl, Pudding, was completely besotted with Ace, which raised quite a few brows considering he only had eyes for you, as far as she knew.

Nami capped her lipstick and trailed her gaze back to the pig-tailed girl.

She may have looked and acted as innocent as a baby suckling on a lollipop, but she knew what type of girl Pudding really was. After all, Nami had encountered many like her before.

"Only a year, as well. Luffy introduced Y/n to our group as soon as she was inducted into the uni." She propped her hand on her hip, "Any more questions?"

"So~," Pudding started again, "She's known Ace for far longer, hasn't she-- as well as that Trafalgar Law guy. What's the deal between them, anyway? Are they dating?"

"As far as I know, they aren't. Law's never really shown an interest in starting a relationship, so I can't say much about him. However, It's true that they've known each other before college, but I can't exactly say how. He's never been the type to say much, but Ace, on the other hand..." Nami rubbed at her chin contemplatively, "I believe they've known each other since childhood? Since Y/n grew up with Luffy, Sabo, and Ace, it's not too far-fetched to say that they're close."