The Bet

══════════════════

══════════════════

The first thing you felt was not the floor, but a pair of soft, yet slightly chapped lips pressing into yours.

It wasn't the worst sensation, but it was far from the best...

You weren't all that surprised by the fact that someone was kissing you, but by the murderous glare that you seemed to be receiving from another person.

'Crap...'

You were drowning in humiliation.

Every single eye was looking down at you as the whispers grew louder intensity.

That was your second kiss... and it had been taken by Luffy, again...

A shiver rolled down your spine as you attempted to wrap your head around the situation. What had happened? What was going on? And why the hell did you taste steak?

There was a slight meaty aftertaste as your friend pulled away, a dumbfounded look on his face as he stared down at you.

Oh, that explained why.

You blinked up at him, completely flabbergasted at what had happened.

"Again?" You stammered out, shell-shocked.

At this point, a few of the partygoers had gotten distracted and turned to look at you, further fueling your embarrassment at the odd situation. It didn't help that you tripped and accidentally latched lips with your friend, but by the fact that Ace was blowing things way out of proportion seemed to do it for you.

"Luffy!" The freckled boy growled, aggressively strutting over to the two of you.

Luffy's head whipped over to his brother, causing him to lose his balance again, which ultimately ended with him falling on you once more. Thankfully, before you could relive a repeat of the incident, a hand shot out and pressed against your lips, stopping the two of you from connecting once more.

You pushed the eldest ravenette's hand away, wiping the residual saliva on the back of your hand as you shot him a glare.

'What just happened?'

Ace grabbed Luffy by the scruff, lifting him to face level before returning a tight-lipped smile.

You smelled death in the air and something akin to... fire?

"Tell me," The ravenette drawled, his eyes closed as he continued to grin at his brother, "What the hell are you doing?"

Luffy averted his eyes from the scathing glare, a droplet of sweat rolling down his temple when the other ravenette asked, "And what does 'again' mean?"

Now it was your turn to start freaking out.

Similar to Luffy, you avoided eye contact with the older brother as he turned his sharp eyes your way, expecting an answer from the two of you.