Pain

══════════════════

══════════════════

You cast your gaze downwards, ignorant to the oppressive eyes fixed on you. Instead, you stared outside, your eyes following the swaying trees and the whispering wind as it lightly battered against your hospital window.

It was a beautiful day, but it did nothing in the way of quelling that deep pit of guilt in your stomach.

Looking forth, it might have been your mistake that you had failed to relay the real circumstances of that night with Kid, but you were just too out of it to even comprehend what was even happening. Yet, it had been your fault that your relationship was like this.

Taking one last glance at the trees, you sent out a telepathic thought of regret. There wasn't anything you could do right now except express your undying sadness through your gaze.

Then, looking back at the Mugiwara's in front of you, you sighed. Luffy's eyes found yours and they glossed over in anger and this profound understanding that you wouldn't have normally expected to see in a boy as dense as him.

Chopper's hands then found yours, squeezing lightly, breaking you from your thoughts.

"Y/n," He cleared his throat before continuing, "How are you feeling?"

Your lashes fluttered shut, "Fine."

The brunette glanced over at Nami and the two exchanged looks of worry at your vague answer.

' I've been through worse anyways...'

"So," Zoro coughed awkwardly, "I imagine that'll make one hell of a scar."

"Hey!" Sanji barked out, his hands digging into the mint-head's collar, "I'm sure she doesn't want a scar to mark her flawless skin!"

"What did you say?" The swordsman growled right back.

"Guys, guys!" Chopper warned, "Not in the hospital!"

The two backed off and huffed out a reluctant 'fine' before all eyes were back on you.

Your gaze flew down to the gnarly bandages surrounding your torso and your head, your fingers wandering down to cop a feel of the rough gauze.

"Yeah, I imagine so..."

When you gave off another half-hearted response, the atmosphere dimmed again, almost as if no one knew how to respond to that. To their luck though, the doors opened, revealing an unkempt mess that was also known as Law. The ravenette walked in and scrubbed a tired hand through his hair before his silvery eyes traveled between the various Mugiwara's, the orbs widening once they realized what they had just walked into.

"Am I interrupting something?"

Nami stepped forward, a thankful look in her eye.

"Of course not. Are you here for a check-up?"