Halloween Party

══════════════════

══════════════════

Y/N -- THEN

It'd been a week of 'mourning' for you. After your little confrontation with Ace and the somewhat hectic stay at Law's, you really hadn't been looking forward to your interrogation with the Mugiwara's. Thankfully though, it'd gone much better than you thought, with Luffy backing you up while Nami consoled you through the first stages of your breakup. Zoro had been kind enough to spar with you, momentarily allowing a second of reprieve from your tumultuous thoughts, and Sanji even offered to cook -- to which you declined. You weren't sure if he was trying to make you feel better or use you as a guinea pig for his new recipes. Either way, you weren't that gullible to fall victim to one of his coercions again... not after he fed you escargot with ox balls like last time...

And oddly enough, any mention of the rumor was now gone, as if it'd never even existed in the first place... which you weren't complaining about, but it certainly raised some questions.

While Law was busy with work back at the hospital and Ace was off... doing whatever the hell he was doing with Pudding. You were determined not to let it affect your schoolwork or your part-time responsibilities. So with your head screwed on, you diligently powered through your duties before hauling off to the mall with Robin and Nami to purchase a dress. Though you wouldn't be attending the party with Ace, you would still go. Having fun meant having fun, no matter the circumstances.

You did, however, feel as if there was something off with Law. You'd repeatedly asked him for the hoodie back, thinking he'd just washed it, but every time you brought it up, he came up with a newer excuse. At some point, you gave up, thinking it better to return empty-handed than to argue with the hard-headed ravenette. He was, after all, second to Luffy ... and Ace ... and Kid ... and so on and so forth.

Mind faraway, you reclined on Sanji's couch and sighed, head thrown back before you gnawed on a twizzler. The sweetness keeping you grounded while you tuned out of the garbling of your friends in the background.

Then your phone buzzed. But when you looked down, it was just a notification for one of your games. Nothing important. So you went back to refocusing on the large fist-like hole in Sanji's wall, wondering if it'd been the blonde who'd done it or Zoro.

With another sigh then, alerting the other's to your discontentment, you rolled over to rest your head on the arm of the couch and looked up, eyes blinking owlishly up at Luffy who was precariously balanced on the rest above you; watching you with those big, round doleful eyes of his.

"Yo." You answered, to which he replied with a raise of his hand. The boy slinging over to squat down next to you then, quickly proceeding to pick a booger from his nose when Zoro slid in on the other side, his arm wrapping around your shoulders.

As heavy as it was, you didn't feel the need to move it, nor the energy to complain about the two hot bodies next to you. So with an indifferent huff, you dug deeper into your spot and continued to chew on the candy from before. But Zoro was making it quite hard to ignore him.