Temptations

══════════════════

══════════════════

When you recovered from your serotonin attack, you leaned back on your heels and plucked the cowboy hat from his head with an 'innocent' beam, hopping back on lithe feet with the cap swinging around your fingers.

"Hey!--"

What was a little fun without a prank or two?

Touching his head and realizing it gone he chased after, huffing loudly and promising consequences if you didn't return to him, but ultimately smiled when he saw you plant it on your head, finding the look extremely agreeable to him.

Anything you did practically felt like cupid's arrow piercing his heart, be it a smile or a coy look, even if it was unintentional. Ace looked through you, eyes half-lidded under the blazing sun, a feeling of joy blooming in his chilly chest. Then, thinking no more on his arousal, he sprinted, legs pumping after you.

As you ran away from him, breathless, and looking at no one but him, you failed to notice the impending pole laying ahead; eyes steady on him and only him.

Before you could, however, get away with your plan, you heard a loud, "Peep, LOOK OUT--," and a 'bang' as your head cracked against something with the brute force of an elephant due to your lack of attentiveness.

"Ouch." Woozy, you touched at your temple and cringed, but found it unharmed, save for the bump, and groaned as you pushed yourself up.

"Ouch, indeed." Ace chuckled, peering over you with hunched shoulders, his arms propped on his knees as he got a better look at you, only laughing harder when you slapped his chest with his hat, pouting a great deal as a dribble of blood trickled from your nose. Looking up at him, your heart thumped in your chest, wild and with abandon when you saw his hair swaying in the wind, the honey-colored tint of the sun lighting his mahogany eyes; expression crinkled in joy.

"You've got a little bit--"

"I know," You hissed in pain, fingers coming away red.

Lifting yourself up, with the help of the male, who opted to heave you over his shoulders; he mounted you on his back and smiled, dark head of hair falling back onto you.

"I did warn you."

"Not fast enough." You grumbled but turned to smile when his contagious laugh began to affect you.

How was this specimen of a man so damned gorgeous? No matter what Law, Kid, or the world said -- damn them -- you found yourself falling further and further for Ace.

With a smile, you placed those thoughts aside and jumped on his shoulders, arms wrapping around his neck before you left a small kiss to the underside of his jaw, a beaming look blinding the man.

Ace mumbled something senselessly -- though it most likely made sense to him -- an undoubtedly large smile of absolute joy etched upon his face. You knew he was deep in thought, lost in your eyes from the creases on his brow, your gaze following him as he double, triple, and quadruple tripped on the cement, laughing each time you face-planted onto his broad shoulders with a pout.