The Devil Dogs (Pt. 2)

══════════════════

══════════════════

The house was... quite the sight.

It was an ordinary campus apartment, save for a few details here and there. Although it looked like every other building, there was this certain charm--no, that wasn't the right word. It had a certain look that certainly made it stand out from the rest.

From the group of garden gnomes lined up around an odd tombstone and the toilet paper slung over the roof, you weren't sure what to make out of it. That, of course, wasn't the weirdest part of it either. The tree in front of the largest window had a random chandelier hanging from its branches and a discarded leaf blower dangling near the base of it.

"Weird ass house."

That said, the most eye-catching part of the house was the layer of bright orange flames coating the outside of it.

It all screamed Ace and as much as you hated to admit it, you absolutely loved the vibe it was giving.

You stood in front of the entrance and hesitated to press the doorbell.

Maybe you should have called him to let him know ahead of time...

'Or you can just knock.' You thought to yourself.

You gathered the courage and finally knocked on it, delivering three sharp thumps to the oak door.

When you didn't hear anything, you contemplated whether you wanted to press the doorbell or not. Would it be any better? You were sure you knocked load enough. Maybe he was in a different room.

"Maybe I should text him..."

Just as you were going to, the door swung open, causing you to jolt forward in surprise.

The boy on the other end stared at you wide-eyed before grinning from ear to ear.

"Oh, Y/n!" He chuckled, "As much as I'd like to let you in right now, I'm not sure if that's the best idea..." Ace remarked as he took in your shocked expression.

"Uhh--" Your eyes traveled down to the pair of chihuahuas gnawing on the ravenette's leg, immediately sending you into a fit of laughter.

Ace kneeled down to pet the black mongrel but was met with a pair of razor-sharp teeth instead. He immediately grimaced and backed away, surprised when another demon dog jumped up and attached itself to his pectoral.

The first dog quickly made its counterattack and farted on his face as the other continued to gnash on his 'man boob'.

"Not the nipple!" He growled out as the white chihuahua aimed for his chest. The male's nose scrunched up in disgust as he got a whiff of the revolting gas.

"Quite the handful, no?" You cackled.

"You know what, why don't you come over here and smell the fart. Then, you'll understand the pain I'm going through."