Pool Boy

══════════════════

══════════════════

You stared at Ace intensely, refusing to let your eyes off of him for a single second. He had something devious planned for this game and you had yet to find out.

Luffy sat next to his brother, intently chewing on a piece of meat as he played around with Zoro's swords, earning himself three flaming knots on his head from the swordsman. Unable to sit next to you, due to a certain ravenette's disapproval, your friend opted to squat at the end of the table, blowing a loud raspberry in boredom.

Robin, Franky, Sanji, Usopp, and Chopper, on the other hand, were chatting away idly, oblivious to the tension that crackled around the two of you.

"What game did you have in mind? Poker? 20 questions? Truth or Dare? Or maybe... a drinking game?" You asked.

The ravenette perched his chin on his hand as he gazed intently at you, an amused grin on his face. The boy continued to stare at you as you mulled in your thoughts.

Whatever it was, it probably wasn't good.

"No, no, no, and no. I have something far better in mind."

You quirked a brow at him. What other game was there? I mean, it's not like he would whip out monopoly or something in the middle of a party, would he?

Actually, he would be the type of person to do that...

"What's this?" Nami slung her arm around you, glancing at the two of you as you continued your staring down the ravenette.

"Just a battle between two warriors." You proclaimed proudly.

"More like two idiots." Nami scoffed as she lifted her glass to her lips, taking a long swig of her drink before placing it down next to you. Glancing over at her beverage, you also decided to take a hit of it, just for good luck.

"So, the game?" You impatiently asked, tapping your finger against the counter as you waited for his response.

Ace quite enjoyed dragging this out. It made it more dramatic and it set the atmosphere for what they were about to do.

This was a battle long-anticipated--well, to you, at least.

"You better not chicken out when you see the game."

"As if." You glowered.

"I'm giving you a warning. You can back out if you want."

"Don't patronize me." You narrowed your eyes at him.

' Any moment now...'

"Don't say I didn't warn you."

With that, he bent down under the table, slowly grabbing whatever it was he was referring to. Both you and Nami swallowed heavily as you waited in anticipation, wondering what it could possibly be. It must have been a minute later when Ace leaned back up, a twinkle in his eye as he lifted what could only be labeled as the worst game to have ever been created.