Chapter 27 - Victory!

I arrived at the guild and accepted the gathering request for today. And then immediately left. I quickly made to exit the town.

I was starting a bit earlier today than yesterday. After exiting through the gate, I gave a brief glance around for a while, there were children about gathering herbs just like yesterday. But it seemed the results weren’t too great. However, if they ventured too far from the town, there would be monsters, so it couldn’t be helped.

I decided to head into the deeper parts of the forest for today. The southern part of the forest I explored yesterday had produced great results. Rather, the deeper parts were actually a place where intermediate and even some advanced level adventurers went to gather and hunt.

Anyways, let’s begin the search inside the forest.

But I will be doing the searching myself for today. To be honest, I still had quite a lot left to sell. So for today, I thought I would try to gain some experience for my skill instead.

Although, I was constantly using it anyways, so there probably wouldn’t be too much of a difference.

That aside, what should I do about the adventurers who have been following me?

Apparently, after witnessing yesterday’s material sales, these adventurers thought that by following me they would be able to cash in on the untouched areas. But I was planning on staying in the more shallow areas of the forest today, so I guess I wouldn’t be able to meet their expectations?

To begin with, if I was looking for an untouched area, I would’ve shaken them off and escaped.

Hence, I was doing the searching myself today.

My Detection skill didn’t pick up on anything, but due to my life in the forest for about a year, I was somehow able to tell where they grew. As such, due to my experience, I was able to find adequate spots to gather herbs in several areas. But the adventurers who followed me would also appear each time to gather all the herbs.

There were a total of seven people, so about two parties? I think most of them were over 13 years old, but… they didn’t look too well-mannered, so it would be meaningless to say anything.

I was a bit troubled, but as I thought about moving to a different location I noticed a familiar looking plant.

Hm, is this a common camellia? So common camellia exists in this world. No, wait a minute! Isn’t this strange! The plants are totally blooming out of season! I thought this when I was living in the forest, but isn’t the vegetation in this world clearly off!? I get the feeling that it definitely goes against Earth’s seasons…

But I suppose it’s fine, right? It’s probably due to a law unique in this world, or something along those lines… right, so it shouldn’t really matter. However, I’m somehow feeling a bit nostalgic from looking at the plants?

But then I suddenly realized where that nostalgia was originating from. Common camellia, which means I can get oil? Or rather, vegetable oil.

With vegetable oil, couldn’t I make the fried foods that I wasn’t able to make using the orc lard? Ah, I could make dressings too! I could also reduce the cost needed to make soap and shampoo! I must collect this!

Thus, I started crazily gathering all the common camellia. I was gathering it with a single-minded drive. And gathering with the intention to take everything within the area.

When I stopped gathering herbs and suddenly started gathering the seed pods of the common camellia, the adventurers who followed me became confused.

It was a plant that wasn’t listed on the guild’s herb purchasing list. As such, even if I was gathering them, everyone was doubtful of whether they could even be sold.