Chapter 54 - From The Window Of The Carriage

Trip to the royal capital, the morning of the second day. It was sunny outside. The weather was good today.

I got out of the carriage and lightly stretched my body. Then I washed my face and brushed my teeth. That said, it was all done in one go with “Clean”. I wanted to comb my hair, but since I wasn’t the only one at the camping grounds, I had to refrain. I didn’t want to take off my hood, so I decided to leave it for later when the carriage was moving. My appearance wasn’t something to brag about right now since it was rather messy. I wanted to cry a bit.

Speaking of which, the gazes were quite intense when we had dinner last night. It might have been due to the smell of the dumplings, but since it was for the sake of delicious food I couldn’t help myself.

I was playing with Bell while thinking of such matters, but I suppose I should prepare breakfast before the other two wake up.

I didn’t want to eat anything heavy in the morning, so I decided to make a risotto using chicken soup.

Chicken thighs, mushrooms, onions, butter and a bit of white wine. I wanted to add cheese to top it off, but since I didn’t have any, there was no helping it. I finished it off by seasoning it with salt and pepper.

The other two woke up due to the alluring smell of chicken.

“Good morning.”
“G-ood mor-ning~.”
“Good mor-, fwaa -ning.”

Looks like the two of them were still sleepy. I gave them their toiletries and the two began grooming themselves behind the carriage. But they also snuck glances over here as they did so. It wasn’t like the food was going to disappear or anything, I also wasn’t planning on starting without them so they didn’t have to worry about it.

On a side note, large camping grounds like this one were maintained by the country, so there were usually wells. Therefore, depending on the camping grounds, it might be easier to draw water for washing or preparing food.

However, it was quite expensive to build a camping ground and also to dig a well, so not every camping ground had a well.

After the two finished grooming themselves, we began eating breakfast. The two of them were quietly scarfing their food down as usual. However, they had rather amazing smiles.

But how about we talk a bit more? To be frank, I was feeling kinda lonely.

“To be able to eat such delicious food right in the morning… I’m so happy,”

“Is it even possible to have such a comfortable trip? But I’ll gladly participate in it if it exists. Having delicious food is the best~”

Just when I thought the two of them were about to start talking, they immediately went back to eating… somehow, I felt bad.

After breakfast, we prepared for departure. We folded the chairs and the table together and got the carriage ready.

“Ren said it was just a simple bed, but it was the first time I slept in something so comfortable.”

“I know. I don’t feel like sleeping in my own bed anymore after I get back home~.

Since we were sleeping all cramped up together, I would have liked to sleep a bit more comfortably, but it seems it was different for them. But I kept quiet. Since it was my carriage.

We headed out after finishing preparations. The horses began pulling the carriage forward.

Arisa had said that the horses didn’t look like horses used for pulling things, but instead looked like fairly high-class warhorses. As such, we attracted a lot of attention due to that. That was strange, it should’ve been…