Chapter 112 - Suspicious Person Is Suspicious No Matter What

Anyway, I returned to the depths of the forest.

I went pretty far so it should be okay, but I watched my surroundings to guard myself against the monsters. Yeah, no one could see me from outside! I'm finally relieved.

Therefore, first I had to level the ground so I could put my house. I stored the snow in the entire area and pulled out the trees in the way. Normally, I would store the herbs that grew with the trees, but finding wild herbs in this season was just impossible.

Next, I used earth magic to even out the entire area and took out my house. Finally, I sprinkled a sizable amount of demon repellent to complete the work.

Hmm, maybe I could make something that automatically repelled the demons? Like the lantern that wards off spirits. If possible, I wanted to make something that I could use again and again. It would be easier for me to install them at equal intervals... Ah, maybe it would be safer if I also installed barrier magic? Hmm, let's make them later.

Ah, I should stop thinking and enter the house already. I felt nothing since my equipment protected me from all attributes, but Norn and Bell should be cold. Huh? They were born to be resistant to cold, so it's fine? I see, it's like that...

In the end, Norn and Bell didn't enter the house. They slept in the garden space. They also told me ‌they needed nothing since they would hunt their own meal... I was thinking of making curry in this rare opportunity. Turns out they didn't want it? Hm?

Before I could mention the curry, they already ran together, so I missed the chance to tell them. It's kind of awkward. But I didn't feel like eating curry alone, so let's eat something else tonight...

Since I was tired from traveling long distances, I went to bed early today without doing my daily routine after meals. I should just do today's portion tomorrow! Fuhehe!

The next day, I had nothing special to do. I made the repellent lantern that I came up with yesterday. And I completed it in the morning.

Hmm, it's thanks to my high skill level, but I wanted to do research or experiment that would take more time... No, this is more convenient, so it's fine! But I was not satisfied with this!

In the afternoon, I set up the completed lantern to repel monsters and went around to explore the surrounding area. By the way, I also installed this lantern in the four corners of my stone fence. My safety came first!

Two years ago, I secretly came to this forest several times to collect food. Even so, I never went this deep before. The adventurers in the town mainly tried to subdue goblins and stray orcs. Even low-ranking adventurers who were collecting herbs wouldn't go deep into the forest.

Why did I know something like this? Well, most of the orphans could only become adventures, so it's natural for me to gather information, isn't it?

Older orphans who left the orphanage earlier also gave us the information they had collected. You could say that I heard about the adventurer's situation thanks to them?

By the way, the standard course of an orphan was to register as an adventure while earning small coins by collecting herbs while they were still living in the orphanage. And when they were around twelve to fourteen years old, they would leave the town and aim for the royal capital.

When I was ten years old, I was also planning to register as an adventurer and save money to leave the orphanage. But I was fortunate enough to learn [Appraisal] at that age. You guys know it, right? Me entering the 'getting sold to a merchant' course.

Um, I said that they sold me. But actually, they told me to sign an employment contract to have an apprenticeship. That time, I thought ‌I would work to repay that frog-faced merchant who was also an investor for the orphanage.